Ashfield Aquatic Centre Refurbishment
Ashfield Aquatic Centre will be undergoing refurbishment from 15th April 2018. The refurbishment is planned to take 18 months with the centre reopening in early 2020.
Water Polo NSW (WPNSW) has enjoyed a very fruitful relationship with Ashfield Council and the Aquatic Centre over the last few years.
During the refurbishment, WPNSW programs will be relocated to Auburn Aquatic Centre. This includes the WPNSW Academy which has been running out of Ashfield since its inception on January 2015. Whilst it will affect WPNSW’s operation over the next year, the upgrade to the facility is a very exciting development for our Organisation.
Once completed the centre will become a state of the at facility and feature:
- A new outdoor pool with floating floor which can change depth and be adapted for a range of uses including water polo, Learn to Swim and fitness classes.
- A new 50m pool with accessible ramp and split boom.
- A new children’s leisure pool with landscaping and green wall.
- A new two story entrance with care, change areas, crèche, staff facilities and retail space.
- 1,000sqm gym, spa, steam and sauna facilities.
- Program/Meeting Rooms.
- A community green space and covered seating.
- Landscaping areas and terraces for external pools.
- Increased parking spaces.
Ashfield Council has been in contact with WPNSW and UNSW Wests Water Polo Club regarding the new outdoor pool. The council took the specifications of both parties on board and upon completion the pool will be a top class facility for Water Polo.