WPV Water Polo Women Working Group
Women have been involved in Australian water polo since day one. They have been playing the game in Victoria since 1886, before the USA or Continental Europe embraced the sport. Despite the longstanding involvement of Victorian women in the game, WPV is experiencing an under-representation of female participants in all areas including athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers. To assist with increasing female participation both in and out of the water, WPV aims to create a working group known as Water Polo Women or WOPOW (wopo being shorthand for water polo).
WOPOW aims to:
- Be an integral part of the Victorian water polo community by providing support, expertise and energy for women's water polo across the state.
- Assist all female members to get to know the community and become involved, while also raising funds for additional projects, equipment and facilities to benefit women's water polo.
- Host a diverse range of social, educational and fundraising activities.
- Be inclusive of all members of the Victorian water polo community in activities which serve as a focal point for members and help strengthen our community and women's water polo.
The purpose of WOPOW is to:
- Encourage and foster the involvement of women in all facets of water polo in Victoria.
- Raise the profile and promote the achievements of women in water polo.
- Raise money for women's water polo in Victoria.
- To build a network of Women WPV members to promote WPV.
- To create and enhace opportunities to network and build friendships.
- To provide support to groups using water polo to improve the confidence and skills of women and girls.
The WOPOW working group will consist of eight positions in addition to one WPV staff representative. Positions will be held for a minimum of two years. Roles include:
- Deputy Chair
- Secretary (WPV Staff Representative)
- General Member x 5
Roles will be assigned once all places are filled. Position descriptions are available below.
Expressions of Interest
If you would like to be involved in WOPOW, please complete the expression of interest form below and submit it by WEDNESDAY 19 April to our Industry Development Officer at email@example.com
If you have any queries about WOPOW, please also direct them to our Industry Development Officer.