Women Invited to Focus Group on Football & Fitness
AFL Victoria, with the support of the City of Melbourne, will trial a new group fitness program that focuses on Australian football.
Our pilot program will engage women who:
- Are keen enjoy some group fitness training;
- Learn the skills of Australian football in a fun, safe, supportive and inclusive all female environment; and,
- do not want a competition experience in football but would enjoy the fitness benefits of a football training program.
In order to better understand the needs of women who would like to participate, AFL Victoria is running two one-hour focus groups on Thursday August 22 at AFL Victoria (Gate 3, Visy Park, Royal Parade, Carlton North). The sessions will be held at 9:30am and 6pm.
The focus group will ask questions relating to:
- the desirable format of the training program;
- perceived barriers and enablers for women to participate;
- ideal venues and equipment; and,
- childcare needs.
We hope to develop a program that suits the needs of all women, regardless of their fitness, skill or experience levels.
Please register for the focus group here. All women who participate in the focus group will receive a $20 Coles voucher, a Youth Girls football and will be given priority access to participate in the pilot program.
AFL Victoria is committed to providing women and girls with opportunities to participate in Australian football as players, coaches, spectators, fans, umpires, administrators, and officials. We aim to find new and innovative ways for women to participate in the game in environments that meet their needs.