- Canterbury Hockey
- Broad ranging CE role
- Fantastic sporting organisation
With over 6500 players, outstanding new facilities and multiple world class events and tournaments on offer this is a really exciting time to be involved with Canterbury Hockey.
As the largest by player number in the country and backed by an enthusiastic and growing hockey community this is a superb and unique opportunity for a new Chief Executive.
Key responsibilities include:
- Successfully managing a diverse range of stakeholder relationships
- Generating, developing and maintaining revenue streams from traditional and non-traditional sources
- Ensuring strict financial control, compliance and reporting
- Driving high performance outcomes while delivering an exceptional experience for the local community
- Promoting participation at all levels and delivering high quality events
- Effectively managing the organisations resources; assets and facilities
- Providing strong, modern, high performing and inclusive leadership
- Leading community engagement with a positive, proactive and effective approach
Key attributes and skills required include:
- Demonstrated marketing expertise, fund raising and business development capabilities
- Strong relationship building capabilities and communication skills
- Highly experienced in leadership and stakeholder management roles
- Demonstrated financial and commercial acumen, including budget and facilities management.
- A background in staff management including recruitment, retention, training, upskilling and succession planning
- Demonstrated knowledge of good governance principles
- A background in sports and not for profit-based organisations
Previous exposure to and an affinity with the hockey community, its sponsors, supporters and funding partners would also be advantageous.
This really is unique chance to be involved with a thriving community; play an extremely active role in shaping and leading Canterbury Hockey into the future while preserving everything that makes this organisation special.
A challenging but very exciting and rewarding position is what’s on offer here; if you think you have what it takes then please register your interest in confidence to Simon Graham or Katie Tucker at Graham Consulting.
Contact 03 9627733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org