Caboolture Touch Academy
Caboolture Touch Football Academy
- Current registered player at CTA.
- Committed to representing and playing for CTA.
- Commits to scheduled training days.
- Reasonable notice is given if any non-Attendance.
- Behaves appropriately.
- Respects coaches and other players
- Respects the Training
- Open to feedback
The academy is about developing CTA junior players to improve their skills and ability to play touch football. The academy also incorporates personal training, setting goals.
Increase Development of ages 8-14
Improve Skill base 14-16
Provide a better base @ 10 years old.
Feed into senior teams structures
Feed into Friday night development teams via a TID process – Country Club – common example / alliance
Improve Coaching Skills of existing coaches
Provide a pathway and personal development for coaches
Academy training two Sundays every month. Typically each age group will come in for 1.5- 2 hours.
Monday nights every second week.
u10's 4:30-5:00 U12's 5:00-5:30 U14's 5:30-6:00 14& over 6:00-6:30
We have guest speakers selected with each age group in mind who will hopefully give insight into what it takes to make it in any sport but specifically touch football. This is also important as it gives the players exposure to other voices and ideas.
- We have specialised training programs for each age division.
- We share information in regards to health and fitness.
- Core strength, body strength and injury prevention.
- We show them how to plan around other commitments and how easy it is to plan their own training schedule. Look also at what locations they have available. Back yard or park.
- We share training techniques that will improve the areas they wish to improve.
- We teach them about knowing their bodies and looking for signs of over training.
- Diet and nutrition.