Our season will commence on Monday October 7 and Wednesday October 9.
We have come and try days Sunday Sep 22, Sunday Sep 29 (2-4pm) at King Lloyd Reserve and our last one at Kardina park (west oval) on Sunday Oct 6 (11am-4pm) which is part of the Festival of Sport.
If you need more players for your team, or need to find a team, reply to this email and comment on one of the posts on Facebook.
The Grand final will be played on Saturday March 21. Write that down in your calendar now!!
Please visit our Facebook page facebook.com/geelongtouch for more information.
Our new committee is made up of 13 members - including Rohan Greaves (President), Ned Meehan (Treasurer), John Furness (Secretary), Peter Cramp (Referee Coordinator), Mark Tkazcuk, Chloe Moyse (Instagram manager), Liam Hall (Player Development), Lai Vakarau (Player development coordinator), Kata Vakarau (General member), Leah Lafranchi (social coordinator), Leanne Houliston (General member), Hiria Nicoll (Junior coordinator) and Ruby Marshall (Grants coordinator).
Some key points and changes from our AGM and general meeting include the following;
- We will be looking at running a 5 week junior competition starting in November to test the interest. Costs are likely to be around $25 per junior and we will look to run the junior games in a junior only timeslot at 6pm. This way the juniors can still play in their family teams in a later timeslot.
- Monday competition is going to be called Open Mixed division. Wednesday competition is being called Family division.
- Monday competition will be run over two divisions.
- To play Monday nights you must be at least 12 years old.
- To play Wednesday nights you must be at least 9 years old.
- You need to be less than 13 at the start of the season (October 7) in order to be counted as a 'female player; or one of the junior / female components. Eg. You could have 3 male adults, 2 females and 1 male aged 12 playing on the field at once. If you turn 13 during the season then you are still eligible to play as the female/ junior under age requirement. Juniors under 13 at the start of the season need to wear an arm band to identify them each week.
- On Wednesday nights, juniors will no longer get two points for scoring try's.
- Men over 60 years old count as 'females'
- Fill in players are allowed to play only when the opposing captain provides consent.
- Please join the Geelong Touch Fill in group to find players when you are short and be an option to fill in when teams need you. Search Geelong Touch Fill in group on Facebook or see this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/731668630542065/
- Registrations are set at $130 for adults and $80 for juniors (plus the Sports TG fee).
- Players playing both nights can apply for a 50% refund off the second night fees once both night fees are paid. Eg. Pay 2 x $130 fees for playing Monday and Wednesdays, then apply for a $65 refund via email. Please send us your bank details in the email request.
- We have to continue with the existing 7th edition rules for this season, however referees will still be asking players to come back approximately 7 metres after each touch (the rule is a minimum of 5 but 7m is the ideal amount to open the game up).
Any queries, let us know.