Super 8's Basketball Registration Open
Super 8’s Competition Rules 2017
- Games will be played 8am on Saturday morning 5th August 2017
- Ages 8 and under (born 2009 or after)
- Competition is open to Boys and Girls
- Team points will be counted, with no player being allowed to score more than 10 points.
- Players can have a max of 7 fouls, with 8 team fouls resulting in foul shots.
- Program goes over 16 weeks (with a break for school holidays), $100 DBA registration with the game fee being $5
- Reversible singlet will be supplied by DBA
- 2 green Shirt Referees
- Game is played from sideline to sideline with a ring at either end
- 20 minute halves not timed, clock will only be stopped for injuries or referee timeout.
- 5 players per team consisting of mixed gender, teams made on the day
- Game are played with size 5
- Games are played at the same time as Aussie Hoops 8:00 – 9:00
- The competition will run over full Championship season
- One Coach from either team will be allowed on the court to assist the players.
- Each team must have at least one parent as a coach or assistant coach.
- The referees are encouraged to explain calls they make to the players to allow them to gain an understanding of the rules.
- Foul shots will be shot with players shooting from a spot closer than the normal distance. (this spot will be determined later)
- Travels must be called, if a player takes 3 steps and then proceeds to dribble the ball this is allowed depending on the skill level of the player.
- Ring height 7.5 Feet
- All other rules must be called as they would normally. DBA reserves the right to add, remove and adjust rules.
- Man to Man defense must be played at all times, in instances where the offensive team is unable to get the ball up the court due to the defense the defensive team will be made to retreat back to the half. (Mercy rule – 15 points)
- One score table supervisor per game supplied by DBA for education of parents
- Flip charts to be used for scoring
Last Modified on 28/06/2017 08:23