SAF 2017 GENERAL ELECTION GUIDELINES
SAF GENERAL ELECTION GUIDELINES
Positions which can be contested
- Vice President x 2
- Committee members x 5
Nominations – for all positions close on 22 April 2017
- If there is no new nomination for any of the five category position then the sitting office bearers prevail unopposed provided no one withdraws
- If there are new nominations for any post then the sitting office bearers shall need nominations too if they wish to contest or else the new nominees prevail
- In case of committee members where we need 5 committee and there is a single new nomination then all five plus the new nominations go to poll unless any sitting committee member withdraws. The same applies to VP
- If there are five or more new nominations for Committee and 2 or more new nomination for VP, and sitting Committee members and VP are not nominated then they DON’T automatically go to polls.
- Automatic retention of posts is only when there is no new nomination and unopposed election is if there is only a single nominated candidate.
Last Modified on 13/04/2017 15:03