SHOOTING RANGE SAFETY RULES AND REGULATIONS
Safe Firearm handling is the first and most important Rule in all Shooting Sports.
- Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
- Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Never point a firearm in fun or jest.
- Keep your fingers off the trigger. Don’t rely on your firearms safety device.
- Always wear eye and ear protection.
- Know your target and what is beyond it.
- Keep the firearm unloaded when not in use.
- Firearms must be shot from the firing line only and nowhere else.
- All guns carried on or about the shooting grounds must be held in a position of safety, with the breach open and unloaded at all times.
- Carry the firearm so that you can control the barrel even if you stumble.
- Load your gun with the right ammunition.
- Know the firearm you are using.
- Shooting on the grounds at any place, other than at a legitimate target, is prohibited.
- Gun Slings and Gun Holsters are not permitted to be used on range grounds.
All Shooters are Safety Officers because Safety is your responsibility, not someone else’s!
- Only one shooting discipline is shot on the Range at any one time.
- Pistols, Rifles and Shotgun must be shot at separate times and not together at any one time. When pistol shooters are shooting, Rifle shooters must stop and vice versa. Shotgun shooters cannot shoot when Rifle or Pistol Shooters are shooting on the range.
- Shooters must only shoot down range, in the assigned lane, and at the assigned target and nothing else.
- Cross firing is strictly prohibited. (Firing across your assigned lane as opposed to down the line).
- Only the Range Master (RM) or assigned Safety Officer (SO) can call to close the range to allow for scoring and or a target change.
- The Range Master or Safety Officer must call for all shooters to unload and clear their weapons before the range is closed for scoring [and or] for a target change. The RM or SO must check to ensure all guns on the firing line are unloaded, clear and safe.
- All non-shooters must wait in the assigned staging area. Non shooters are prohibited from stepping onto the firing line with active shooters.
- The shooting of wildlife or stray animals on the range is prohibited.
- The Range Master or Safety Officer must caution any individual breaking range rules, and if deemed necessary, remove the individual(s) off the range.
- Proper covered footwear is required: No bare feet, No thongs or flip flops, and no open toe sandals.
Note: Firearms and Alcohol do not, and never will, Mix!
Last Modified on 02/02/2015 07:19