SELECTION FOR THE FIJI PISTOL SHOOTING TEAM TO THE 2015 PACIFIC GAMES
PISTOL TEAM SELECTION PROGRAM FOR 2015 P.N.G PACIFIC GAMES
Selection trials for the 25M Standard & 10M Air Pistol team to the 2015 Pacific Games in Papua New Guinea is open to all SAF Members. Selection trials will be conducted over a 3 week period or 3 Saturdays. Interested SAF members in the pistol shooting discipline 2015 Pacific Games in Papua New Guinea will continue to use the club .22 pistol and shoot under the ISSF rules each week in preparation for this selection. There will not be a Training Squad like in the DTL selection, every interested member May trial for the final team when the trail date is announced. However the criteria for representation remains unchanged like that for DTL. The final team is expected to be announced sometime in early 2015
The selection officials will comprise of the following:
1. A minimum of three committee members.
2. One CRO(Chief Range Officer).
3. Two referees.
4. One Scorer.
Note: The CRO and the two referees will make up the jury in the event of any malfunctions or breaches of the rules under the ISSF Standards used in the Games.
The Detail format for the 25M Standard Pistol and 10M Air Pistol will shot exactly to ISSF and Rules.
TRIAL FORMAT FOR 25M STANDARD PISTOL.
1. 20 Shots at 150 Seconds, 20 Shots at 20 Seconds and 20 Shots at 10 Seconds. 60 Shots in total.
2. All shots will be done in series of 5 shots each.
3. No more than one magazine to used at a time.
4. Shooting to be done with one hand.
5. No artificial sights.
6. No performance enhancing clothing.
7. Before each series of 5 shots athletes must adopt the ready position, except for the 150 second series.
8. Eye and ear protection.
TRIAL FORMAT FOR 10M AIR PISTOL
1. 60 Shots in total from a standing position with a time limit of 105 minutes.
2. Single shot at a time.
3. No artificial sights.
4. No performance enhancing clothing.
5. Eye and ear protection.
6. Shooting with one hand only.
7. In the event we have a tie, shooters will shoot 10 more shots with a time limit of 75 seconds for each. Each shot is evaluated in decimal tenths.