Canoe ACTIVITIES – September and October 2009
Every Wednesdays – LEARN TO STEER AND PADDLE AT RIPTIDE
FROM 4:30PM TO 5:30PM….
September Saturdays - SPRINT RACES FOR MIX TEAMS SCHEDULE
SPRINT THIS WEEKEND….REGISTER YOUR TEAM AND ENJOY A PADDLE THIS
SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 19TH and September 26th MORNING…
Annual Independence Day Race for V6
October 2nd (Friday) morning - Koror Side at the Bridge
Men & Women Divisions Sprints only
More information will be sent out by the end of this week….
2010 Micronesian Games Preparation
Training and Selection process to represent the national teams is now open and practices at RIPTIDE. For more information about the canoe national teams call – Baklai Temengil 488-6562 or Women Coach Debbie Toribiong 587-3498 or 488-1944 at and Men’s Coach Alonz Moses at 779-7754
INFORMATION FOR CREWS FOR 19 September Sprint at RIPTIDE Beach
· Team Registration is open now – you can register your team at PNOC office or Register your Team the morning of 19th September (Saturday) from 6:30am to 7:30am at Riptide Beach Area
· Attached is the registration form – you can fill out and send back via email. You can pay fees at the NOC or morning of the race from 630am to 730m.
· 8am – SPRINT RACES ONLY ON A 250M COURSE
· More information – contact Baklai Temengil at 488-4367 or 775-7662
SPRINT SEASON FOR MIX TEAMS INFORMATION
Sprint Season (Mix Teams Sprints) 3 Saturday races for Mix Teams Only – PRIZES TROPHIES!
· September 19, 2009 sprint 500m sprints and 1,500m sprints
· September 26, 2009 Sprint Middle Distance Sprint
Registration Fee: $50.00 per Crew of 9 paddlers (mix teams) the basic rule is not more than 3 men in a canoe during a race
· In October CAP will host two more sprint races prior to Micro Cup Weekend in Saipan
· A longdistance will be offered for paddlers around mid October 2009. An exact date will be provided asap.
Learn to Steer and Learn More about Canoe/paddle sport in Palau and its Activities
· Every Wednesday starting on 2 September at 4:30pm – 5:30pm at Riptide Beach Area
Sessions and learn how to steering, discussions on canoe parts, learn how to tie canoes, and other canoe talk and sharing of experience as paddlers at Riptide Beach Area with Senior Paddlers and Coaches.
Dues Reminders for all Paddlers and Clubs:
· Reminder for membership dues (students $10.00 and open individual is $25.00)
· Clubs $300.00 annually
Reminder to Keep our Canoes Safe and for everyone to take care of the canoes, takes care of each other in the canoe and on land. Please make sure you have bailers when your crew leaves the beach for a paddle, keep the canoes safe and steers to be more aware and careful when your taking your crew out for a paddle.
On behalf of Canoe Association of Palau, thank you for your participation and commitment to canoeing and please mark your calendar of the events next month.
Last Modified on 16/09/2009 11:19