Application for Team Manager
Basketball Fiji invites applications for the position of Team Manager to join its team to assist in the preparation and participation of our Under 15 Boy’s and Girls’ Basketball National teams ahead of the FIBA U15 Oceania Championships in Papua New Guinea.
The main objective for the role is to ensure that our young athlete’s consisting of 12 players per team for both boys and girls have access to opportunity and support services they need to produce podium worthy performance.
The position represents a unique and challenging chance to work with the whole Basketball Fiji team and our youths. We are looking for people with experience in similar positions at a national level with preferably a good working knowledge of basketball, high level management skills, understand organization structure, excellent communication skills, willingness to work and a high level of patience.
Duties of the National Team Managers include but are not limited to the following;
- Willing to work with youth Under 15 team members for either the boys or girls team.
- Assist in team administration and travel of players who resides outside of Suva
- Liaise on a day to day basis with BF COO, players and parents when the needs arise
- Assist with fundraising and sponsorship plans
- Book training venues and other facilities as per Coach’s schedule
- Collect passports, copy of birth certificates and general player’s details.
- Enforce team standards and goals
- Provide weekly updates on team progress to BF COO
- Oversee planning and preparation phases
- Coordinate all efforts to meet the needs of our young athletes, administrative teams and to avoid potential risk and before, during and after training and tournaments.
- Willing to travel with the team and manage the youth team schedule during the tournament
- Coordinate with BF office on necessary bookings such as flights and accommodation
- Provide a post tournament and financial report
Team Fiji management personnel serves on the understanding that the positions are voluntary. Implicit in the role is the rewards of enormous satisfaction gained through working with the youth, coaching staff and federation and chance to bring Fiji to compete and excel in world class stage.
To be clear you are only applying for either the boy’s or girls’ team.
Application and CV should reach the COO of Basketball Fiji, Laisiasa Puamau (firstname.lastname@example.org) by no later than 5PM on Friday November 3rd 2017.