Basketball Fiji Vacancy
Basketball Fiji invites applications for the position of Team Managers to join its volunteer management team to assist in the preparation and participation of our National Men’s and Women’s teams ahead of the 2017 Melanesian Games and the 2017 World Cup Qualifiers Round 1 in Asia.
The main objective for the role is to ensure that our athlete’s consisting of ten (10) players per team for both men’s and women’s access opportunities and support services they need to produce medal winning performances at these Games.
The position represents a unique and challenging opportunity. We are looking for people with experience in similar positions at a National Level with sound knowledge of the game, high level management skills, understands organisation structure, excellent communication skills and is a team player.
Duties of the National Team Managers include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in team administration and travel of players who reside outside of Suva
- Liaise on a day to day basis with players, Basketball Fiji HQ and parents when the need arises.
- Assist with fundraising and sponsorship plans
- Book training venues as per requested by Coach
- Collect passports and team player records with contact details.
- Enforce team standards and goals.
- Provide weekly updates on team progress to BF Operations Officer
- Provide a post tournament and financial report.
- Be able to work with players who are selected through a selection panel.
- Manage and provide support to selected players;
- Oversee the planning and preparation phases;
- Coordinate all efforts to meet the needs of athletes, administrative team, and to minimise or avoid potential problems before, during and after training and games.
Team Fiji management personnel serve on the understanding that the positions are voluntary. Implicit in the role is the reward of enormous satisfaction gained from working with the sporting fraternity of Fiji to bring about outstanding performances from our athletes, to do our nation proud.
Application and CV should reach the Administratorof Basketball Fiji email@example.com by the close of business on 5th of May, 2017.