GRSC Opti Travellers Trophy 4 @ Gosford by Chris Costandi
- A record attendance of 14 sailors from GRSC competed across Green, Intermediate and Open fleets which is more than any other regatta ever in recent memory
- GRSC was the 2nd most well represented club along with WSC (8 sailors) in the Intermediate Fleet (only behind SLMASC with 9 sailors) which was great to see and a testament to the development and progress of our Optimist squad and our programs over the last season or so.
- Our Green Fleet was the 3rd most well represented club at the regatta with 4 sailors attending (again a great sign of things to come and also to continue with Tackers 1 and 2 Learn to Sail programs currently full and underway)
- Intermediate Fleet saw a record number of boats on the start line at this type of a regatta with 62 boats racing and the GRSC Intermediate fleet were just sensational with all sailors finishing in the top 20 positions from 62 boats! Wow, what a performance from this group!
Ben K 8th
Ben C 14th
- Our Open Fleet saw 34 boats racing and again our sailors performed very well:
- Our Green Fleet not to be outdone put in a great showing as well with Brodie claiming a couple of 1st place finishes, Olivia competing in her very first regatta as a Green Fleet sailor and also picking up the encouragement award, and Mikayla and Matt also doing very well throughout the day. We need to remember that the current Green Fleet have only recently finished Tackers so a very promising future ahead for all of them.
We have much to be proud of with our youth who are going from strength to strength. We are really proud of what we are all building here at GRSC and in particular the excitement around the club recently as we start to see even more new members, Tackers programs full and lots and lots of activity on the beach! The future looks bright!
Optimist Class Captain