Call for Committee Nominations
In accordance with the constitution, all nominations for positions on the management committee will be voted on by clubs at the Annual General Meeting.
Nominations for positions on the committee will remain open until 8th October. The AGM will be held on Tuesday 15th October 2019. The form for nomination to the NSDSA Committee and descriptions of Committee roles can be found on the website (Click here)
The NSDSA constitution allows for a committee to be formed comprising between 7 and 10 members. There are three office bearers, President, Secretary and Treasurer and between 4 and 7 other committee members.
In 2019, the Committee operated with only 6 members, due to a casual vacancy that was not filled. It is the view of the present Committee that more people are needed to help run the Association.
Ideally there would be at least one representative from each of the five major clubs on Committee. The current Committee has representation from only three clubs.
The Committee is also seeking applications from members interested in the following roles. These roles may be filled by appropriately qualified members of the Committee or appointed externally as delegated by the Committee. A brief outline of the roles is given below:
Director of Coaching:
· oversees technical development of NSDSA coaches
· communicates with NSDSA coaches to ensure they are aware of coaching courses and training workshops
· will be the main point of contact between NSDSA and the Softball NSW Coaches Academy
· identifies coaching talent at club and rep level
· works with coaches to improve player skill development at club and representative level
· maintains records of NSDSA coaches’ accreditations
Representative Programme Convenor:
· works with and is supported by the Representative Programme Secretary
· calls for expressions of interest for players and team officials
· arranges team selection trials
· liaises with the director of Scoring and the director of Coaching
· liaises with Softball NSW on rep events
· assists the Competition Convenor with all aspects of running the Winter competition including draws, grading, results entry, competition day activities
· liaise with Ku-ring-gai Council regarding general maintenance of the playing fields
· plan and coordinate working bees at the grounds as required
· be the point of contact for clubs on weekly grounds setup and pack up duty
If you are considering nominating and would like to discuss any of the roles, please contact myself or another member of Committee.