Competition Rule Changes
Since the issue of the new 2018 NSDSA Competition Rules in April 2018 we have issued a number of new rules and clarified one rule. A copy of new and clarified rules will be loaded onto the website.
SUBSTITUTION RULES FOR TEAMS WITH MORE THAN 12 PLAYERS
- If a Team has more than 12 players registered, present at the game and able to play then:
- the extra players are to be listed in the scorebook as "substitutes";
- a substitute can only enter the game by substituting for one of the original 12 starting players who must leave the 12 man line up permanently for the rest of the game i.e a starting player once substituted takes no further part on offence or defence;
- there are no re-entries under any circumstances ie once a player has been substituted out of the game they can not go back into the 12 man line up even to replace an injured player. If there is an injured player and all substitutes have entered the lineup then the injured player will be skipped in the lineup as per Rule 8.6.1;
- the names of the extra players are to be provided to the other team's scorer before the start of the game and substitutions when made must be advised to the other team's scorer before they enter the team lineup and take the diamond in any capacity; and
- substitutes that do not enter the game are not to be ticked as "played" on the match sheet.
C GRADE BORROWING/LENDING PLAYERS (PLAY ACROSSES/PLAY UPS)
- C Grade players are now allowed a maximum of 8 play acrosses and 4 Play ups.
DIVISION 1 BATTING THROUGH 12 OPTION
- Division 1 can still bat 9 but now have the option to bat through 12 if they wish. No DP/Flex if batting through. No re entry of subs if batting through.
BLOCKED BALL RULE
- The player is awarded two bases from the time the ball encounters something that is not a part of that diamond. I.E. a player from another diamond, a base, a bench, a net. Anything. The only specific thing that doesn’t count is the cricket pitch in the middle of the top Diamonds where the ball is still live.