Focus On: Ivan Buzolic
When and how did you get involved with Willetton Basketball?
Initially played and came from the Bill Cole Centre (outside bitumen courts) Riverton, moved to our stadium once operational.
Played seniors domestic competition for many years and during this time had several years helping Sandra Hampson with senior fixtures, results and ladders.
Stepped up to club leadership and management 2005 after being convinced by Gaye and Graeme Endersby to get involved and make a difference.
What are your activities and what do they involve (around Willetton)?
At the moment my involvement covers:
1. Deputy Chair of the Board . (Vice President)
2. Expansion Project Team. (backup for Phil Nixon)
3. Establishing a permanent Life Member sub-committee and provide initial recommendation and then ongoing annual review and recommendation.
4. SBL reviews, contracts, budgets and negotiation if required.
5. Main portfolio is Special Projects and helping other portfolios when required.
What motivates you to stay involved?
We are not perfect but we seek continual improvement, good governance and financial stability.
The Expansion Project.
Benefits of growing junior sport in an organised healthy environment.
Why do you volunteer?
To make a difference, show leadership and seek to improve the club.
Of what contribution or achievement are you most proud?
Manage separation from WSC to protect our assets and the club, part of stadium improvements team 2009, strong advocate of sustained and balanced growth, sharing business experience and providing leadership.
What do you hope the organization will achieve in the near future? Long term?
1. The Expansion Project. This is very important for the future of all involved in our club
2. Continued strong management and processes to protect the future of the club ie. less exposure to any dependence on a single person
3. Succession planning
Does anyone in your life play a role in supporting your involvement? Providing Inspiration?
You need strong support and understanding from your family otherwise the time and energy required to volunteer would create significant issues to any relationship
What other organisations or causes do you support?
Vice President of Old Aquinians Hockey Club
Do you have a message to share?
1. Definitely encourage people to be involved, step up and make a difference for our youth, our community and your club
2. Act in the best interest of the club at all times ie. big picture.