AFL NSW/ACT Volunteer of the Year (VOTY)
The time has come for clubs to nominate extraordinary volunteers to recognise the efforts of those that contribute so much to the core of the AFL Community. In 2016 the AFL will run two Volunteer rewards programs and all clubs are strongly encouraged to put forward people who can be acknowledge at club and league presentation nights.
The two awards are as follows:
NSW/ACT Volunteer of the Year (VOTY)
How it works:
Clubs are strongly encouraged to select their own club based VOTY. Nominations are then sent to the respective leagues, where leagues have the responsibility to decide on the League VOTY winners. The league winners will then serve as the nominees for the overall State VOTY, which will be decided by a NSW/ACT state panel.
Club nominations: $50 Coles/Myer gift vouchers as well as a certificateawarded to every club nominee
League winners: $200 Coles/Myers gift card, a certificate as well as a plague to recognise their contribution.
- 2 x tickets and an AFL Grand Final Experience at the Toyota AFL Grand Final
- 2 x return flights & accommodation for 3 nights (Thurs – Sat) in Melbourne for Grand Final weekend (except Victoria)
- The opportunity to walk in the Toyota AFL Grand Final Parade
- Must have given notable voluntary service to Australian Football.
- Must be a willing, voluntary contributor, having received no income from football (NB honoraria excepted).
- Must be an ambassador for the game of football who acts and works for the best interest of the game, never bringing the game into disrepute.
- Those making nominations should make no more than one nomination.
- Previous winners are ineligible.
Merit Award Process:
How it works:
Each league will nominate a volunteer that has volunteered for the sport of AFL for 10 years or over.
Merit Award Prizes:
Each League/club nominated Merit Award will receive a $50 Coles/Myer Voucher and a plaque.
Two State winnerswill be selected by NSW/ACT State panel and will receive An AFL Merit Award Certificate personally signed by the AFL Chief Executive Officer and the Chairman of the AFL Commission and be added to the honour board of less than 600 Merit Award winners dating back to 1931.
1. Two nominations per State/Territory each year
a. One of the nominations should be for services to junior football.
2. Ten years is the minimum period of service for which a nomination will receive consideration
How to Nominate:
Clubscan nominate a volunteer for either awards by completing the attached form and emailing back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, they can complete the online form found on the national website found HERE.
It is important that clubs nominate by the close date to ensure prizes and certificated are coordinated with enough time for league presentation nights. Please be aware of the below dates.
- Monday 27th June: Nominations Open for VOTY and Merit Awards
- Sunday 24th July: Nominations Close for VOTY and Merit Awards (no late entries will be accepted)