Mount Gambier - a Premier Destination for a Premier Fixture
With the upcoming Regional Round to be held in 3 locations across the state, Football Federation SA encourages the Football Community traveling to support their sides in Whyalla, Mount Gambier or Roxby Downs, to make the most of the weekend away.
The City of Mount Gambier welcomes players and spectators heading to the Limestone Coast for next month’s National Premier League fixture between Cumberland United and Para Hills Knights.
Your timing is perfect! You are visiting during one of the region’s most exciting weeks of the year.
Considering we are a comfortable five-hour drive from home, we encourage you to make the most of it and immerse yourself in regional life over several days – you will be impressed by what our city has to offer.
Come along and enjoy the fun of the Scott Group of Companies Mount Gambier Gold Cup Carnival – it’s the Limestone Coast’s premier social event, so pack your sharpest suit and slickest hat for a fabulous day (or two) at the races.
For more details, visit mountgambierracing.com.au or contact the Mount Gambier Racing Club on (08) 8725 4466.
Other unique experiences on offer during your visit, include:
Da Vinci Machines Exhibition - Mount Gambier’s Riddoch Art Gallery is the only SA location to host this international touring exhibition featuring more than 75 intricate models, images and interactive machines, along with high quality reproductions of Leonardo da Vinci’s iconic artworks in original renaissance frames.For information visit riddochartgallery.org.au
Brick By Brick LEGO Exhibition at the Main Corner – More than 30,000 LEGO bricks will enable children and the young at heart to build their own city or national landmark, using easy-to-follow instructions, with free daily workshops available.
Other must see and do’s in Mount Gambier:
• Take a pre-match warm up around the Blue Lake. One of Mount Gambier’s most popular exercise routes, the rimof the crater is a gentle 3.6 kilometres.
• Watch the free Volcano movie at the Main Corner to discover how the region began.
• Taste and purchase local produce at the Mount Gambier Farmer’s Market held out the front of the Mount Gambier Public Library every Saturday morning.
• Discover Mount Gambier’s thriving café culture – our coffee, cakes and sour dough are the pride of the city.
• Experience exciting regional produce and world famous wines at local restaurants and cellar doors.
• Shop for boutique labels and big name brands in our thriving main street shopping precinct and two indoor malls.
• Visit the Cave Garden - the heart of our city, with viewing platforms reaching over the sinkhole.
• Feed the possums after dark at Umpherston Sinkhole.
• Burn some energy at the Valley Lakes Adventure Playground deep in a volcanic crater.
• Take advantage of the free bike hire at Mount Gambier Public Library and pedal your way around the city.
• Visit the Lady Nelson Visitor Information Centre for more information on the history of our city, along with maps, accommodation and details of other great attractions.
Round 13 Cumberland United v Para Hills Knights - Saturday 17 May, Centrals Soccer Club, KO 3pm.