Chris Harmsens sailing career, like so my Hobart boys, started at the Sandy Bay Sailing Club. His sailing highlights include:
- 1977 International Cadet dinghy club champion Sandy Bay Sailing Club
- 1978 470 State Champion
- 1978 Laser State Champion & Aust Youth Champion
- Prince Phillip Cup 1981 winner on Tahune as main sheet hand
- Melbourne to Hobart 1982 winner on Solandra with Esky
- Admirals Cup 1985 on Intrigue with Don Calvert
- 14 metre Worlds in Sweden on Kookaburra winner in 1988
- Since 2001 Chris has sailed with great distinction on Another Duchess and Wild Oats X & X1 with Mark Richards, winning line honours almost everywhere.
These are a few highlights in Chris Harmsen’s stellar sailing career.