Bendigo Yacht Club is a fun, family club where people can enjoy competitive sailing, cruising, and social activities or just use the vast facilities to entertain your friends and family on the weekend or during the week.
As a member of the club you have unlimited use 24/7 all year around. Just some of the facilities are:
Clubhouse with all the amenities one would expect such as a kitchen, lounge area, TV, bathrooms, decking area and more
- Huge BBQ with both inside and outside dining areas
- Swimming area
- Camping grounds
- Caravan park (Limited spaces available and a waiting list)
- Boat storage
- Launching ramps
- Rescue facilities
We also have a calendar that includes a racing program, cruising program, fun trophy races and regular social events.
For those with serious racing in mind, Bendigo Yacht club have 2 trophy series during the year that run in conjunction with an overall Club Championship series.
For those who would like to learn or improve their sailing skills Bendigo Yacht club has weekly training on Saturday mornings. From this we have had many sailors who have had terrific results on the word stage such as:
- Glen Ashby who has won multiple World Championships, a Silver Medallist at the Olympics, won the Americas cup as part of the USA team Oracle/BMW and came runner up with Emirates Team New Zealand in the most recent challenge 2013.
- Allan Goodall who has won multiple Word Championships in the A Class Catamarans
- Greg Goodall who has won multiple Word Championships in a variety of Catamaran Classes
- Adam Beattie who recently won the Nacra World Championships.
These sailors along with many other National and State Champions are proof that the waters of Lake Eppalock are the perfect breeding grounds for some of the best sailors in the world.
Last Modified on 16/11/2015 08:58