2019 Winter/Spring Season Registrations Open
REGISTRATIONS OPEN: 2019 Winter/Spring Junior Domestic Basketball Season
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY before registering. Availability across the various age groups will be updated regularly.
NOTE: No COWES and SAN REMO competitions in 2019.
ALL GAMES will be moving to Newhaven College (1770 Phillip Island Road) on Mondays and Wednesdays.
REGISTRATIONS ARE DUE: Friday 24 May (use as a guide only as some age groups fill fast)
SEASON START DATES
- Grading players/teams - Monday 13 & Wednesday 15 May (runs for 3 weeks)
- Round 1- Monday 3 & Wednesday 5 June (12 Rounds plus Semi and Grand Final weeks
WHAT'S NEW IN 2019
- NEW 2 Court state-of-the-art sprung floor: Games will be at Newhaven College, 1770 Phillip Island Road, Phillip Island
- Extended 17 week season!
- Longer games, which our previous Cowes players will appreciate
- All games will now be played on Monday and Wednesdays at Newhaven College
- 11 x Training sessions are offered within the registration fee for U10s, U12s, U14s, U16 boys & U16/18 girls (no training for U19 boys). All training sessions will be held on Tuesdays at San Remo Recreation Centre
- 3 x weeks of player/team grading games prior to Round 1
- Although the season registration fee has been adjusted all players will get value for money with the extended season, longer games, 11 training sessions and new playing surface
PUTTING PLAYERS IN TEAMS
PIDBA will run 3 weeks of player/team grading before the season so that we can put teams together in time for Round 1. The process of putting balanced teams together is made much easier if players are registered prior to Round 1. This process is important to help ensure teams are competitive throughout the season, and relies on players attending all grading weeks and season games to maintain a balanced outcome.
2019 WINTER/SPRING SEASON AGE GROUPS
MONDAYS - Newhaven College
- GAMES: U10 boys, U10 girls, U12 boys, U14 boys & U16/18 girls
TUESDAYS - San Remo Recreation Centre
- TRAINING: U10s, U12s, U14s, U16 boys & U16/18 girls
WEDNESDAYS - Newhaven College
- GAMES: U12 girls, U14 girls, U19 boys & U16 boys
PAYMENT PLANS: Payment must be made at the time of registration due to Basketball Victoria Country requirements. If this is a problem for you, please contact competition coordinator Branca McFarlane (contact details below). We want your kids to be able to play, so please get in touch and we will work something out. A payment plan of $25 per child per week can be arranged.
FAMILY DISCOUNT: Families who are registering more than one child will receive a $10 discount on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th (etc.). However, this fee only applies when players are all registered and paid for in one online transaction.
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE
Registrations are linked to your email address.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE NOW
Select the number of children you wish to register, then click "Continue." Families with more than one child will receive a $10 discount, so it is important to include the overall number of players you are registering for the season before you proceed.
Enter your email address then click "Continue."
- You will be asked for your password. If you don't remember it, select the option and you will immediately receive an email with instructions to re-set your password
- Once you are logged into SportsTG you will see a list of previously registered family members who are linked to your email address. Click on the player/s that you wish to register and proceed with registration by entering the required details - do the same for every player you are registering
- For each player, please update contact phone, email & any medical details if they have changed
- Please check and update Emergency contact details
- Please check the 'Allow Medical Treatment' if you would prefer onsite treatment such as ice packs and bandaids
- Please check the 'Photo Use Approval' if you are happy for your child's photo to be included in the newspaper, club website, club Facebook and Instagram
- If you wish to register a player who is not listed, click on "new member" and then enter the required details
- After entering registration details you MUST to choose a competition for your child. Season fee is $144 per player for U10s to U16 boys & U16/18 girls. U19 boys is $134 per player as there is no training included in their registration
- The combined annual BVC Insurance/Club Membership fee of $60 will be displayed as a compulsory inclusion for each player
- Total Season Fee including Insurance/Club Membership for U10s to U16 boys & U16/18 girls is $204 per player and for U19 boys it is $194 per player
NEED HELP REGISTERING?
For assistance with online registrations or more information, please do not hesitate to contact me via the details below. Also, see the attached season flyer.
Full Season Information: Registered players will receive full details on season dates, teams, etc in time for the first grading session.
Looking forward to seeing you this winter/spring season.
Be aware that funds go straight through to BVC and refunds cannot be made.
If you have any queries, please contact the coordinator via firstname.lastname@example.org