Harbord Diggers joins Manly Touch
Manly Warringah Touch Association are excited to announce that Harbord Diggers, which re opens its doors today, have joined Manly Touch as its major partner for the next three years.
It is with great pleasure we announce that Mrs Sue Jones is the 14th person to receive Life Membership of Manly Warringah Touch Association.
At the 43rd Annual General Meeting of Manly Warringah Touch Association (MWTA), held at Dee Why RSL on Tuesday 19th June 2018, a nomination for Life Membership, in accordance with the Constitution, was put to the members for Sue Jones.
Following is a brief summary of Sue’s contributions to our Club:
MWTA EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE POSITIONS
• Vice President – 2008 to 2011
• Secretary – 2011 to 2012
• President – 2012 to 2013
Whilst these were her official roles on the MWTA Executive Committee, what it doesn’t show is that during the last few years of her tenure, Sue held down multiple roles on the Executive due to positions not being filled.
• Instrumental in vastly improving MWTA’s financial position
• 2009 - Revamped MWTA’s web site
• 2009-2013 - Administered MWTA’s web site
• 2010 - Introduced numbered playing shirts for all junior competition teams
• 2011 - Initiated, set up and administered MWTA’s Online Team and Member Registrations - one of the very first Affiliates in NSWTA to do so
• 2011 - Negotiated with Warringah Council on ground availability and the move of our MWTA Junior and Senior Competitions from Millers and David Thomas Reserves to Nolans Reserve
• 2012 - Incorporated payments into MWTA’s Online Registrations
• Involved in discussions and meetings with NSWTA to hold a ‘double header’ of Vawdon Cup competition for the first time at Nolans Reserve
NSW TOUCH ASSOCITAION AWARDS
• 2011 - Administrator of the Year Region and State - Sydney Scorpions and NSWTA
• 2011 - Blues Award for Contribution to Touch Football as a Volunteer
• 2012 - Administrator of the Year Region - Sydney Scorpions
• 2012 - Rod Wise Medal Finalist
Sue also held a number of Manly Touch representative Team Manager positions from 2007 to 2011.
Based on the above contribution, members voted unanimously to endorse Sue’s nomination, welcoming her as the 14th Life Member of Manly Warringah Touch Association.
On behalf of the MWTA Executive Committee and all of our members, we would like to extend our congratulations to Sue on receiving her Life Membership. This is a very well-deserved award and we would like to thank Sue for her dedication and the countless hours she has contributed as a volunteer to our Club.