LWA QUICK STIX PROGRAM COORDINATOR
JOB DESCRIPTION FORM:
LWA Quick Stix Program Coordinator
The Quick Stix Coordinator will need to be an energetic, flexible, professional and organised person who will drive the development of this trial recruitment program based on the establishment of strong working relationships between selected primary schools and their local lacrosse club.
This person will, in consultation with LWA's Director of Development, have the responsibility of performing a range of tasks:
- Manage the initial set-up of the Quick Stix program, including identification of necessary resources (physical, human, financial).
- Liaise with the two selected LWA Member Clubs to develop the program.
- Meeting with the selected club officials to discuss and develop the program and identify local schools.
- Promote the Quick Stix program to the selected schools
- Work with a nominated Member Club coordinator to deliver the program to 5 selected schools, from initial set-up to culminating ‘inter-school carnival event’.
- Meeting with School Sporting Associations to discuss the program and how it could benefit their PE program.
- Establish and maintain promotional and positive working relationships with selected schools, staff and students involved in the program.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective communication systems and relationships with all relevant LWA members (development officers, Director of Development & Finance)
- Training and equipping the Development Officers or coaches to run the sessions.
- Review the effectiveness of the program in regards to KPI’s including: player recruitment, DO performance, school relationships, club support, etc.
QUICK STIX COORDINATOR REMUNERATION:
- 6 month contract (October 2015 – April 2016, minus 4 weeks in January Christmas holidays)
- Average 20 hour / week position @ $25 per hour ($500p/w)
- These working hours are flexible (approx. 25-30 hours per week initially to set up and then approx. 10-15 hours per week to maintain the program).
- A log of hours and tasks will need to be submitted to LWA for payment.
- It is important that the coordinator
- is available between the hours of 2-4pm on week days to assist with the implementation of the clinics or to deal with potential problems.
- holds a current Working with Children Check.
JOB APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL TO: email@example.com.
BY 5:00PM TUESDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2015.
LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
THE QUICK STIX AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM
- Through finding from Healthway, LWA brings lacrosse to tens of thousands of school children each year. It spreads the knowledge of the sport of lacrosse but there is a limited amount of recruitment to clubs.
- We believe that a program that places the children's parents in front of the game of lacrosse and the Development Officers running the sessions will generate more understanding and interest in our sport.
- This program will provide LWA with a marketable and credible product that will bring our sport in line with most other sports who possess a own similar product (Auskick, Netta Netball, etc.). It has been successful in recruiting children from Victorian schools.
- Evidence from Victoria Lacrosse is that a 5-week training course and a carnival at the end between rival school teams is an effective means of recruitment.
- Participants will pay a fee for taking part in the program. This payment will help to off-set the costs incurred by LWA for operating the program.
WHAT WILL IT LOOK LIKE:
- To be trialled in Term 1, 2016 (Club #1: Weeks 3-7 & Club #2: Weeks 5-9)
- To be targeted at Year 3 - 6 students (Primary school-aged)
- There will be a $60 registration fee for each participant. (5 weeks of training +inter-school carnival)
- Two (2) clubs to be selected to trial the program, through an 'expression of interest' process.
- Participants will receive a 'Quick Stix' pack consisting of a mini lacrosse stick & ball, wristband, Quick Stix t-shirt, Quick Stix sticker.
- Sessions will be run at the selected school on their ovals at the end of the school day.
THE QUICK STIX 5-WEEK SEASON
PRE-PLANNING FOR SEASON:
- Selection of Quick Stix Development Officers (there will be 2 x DO’s employed by LWA)
- Selection of 5 schools that should provide the greatest chance of recruitment for the club.
- Liaison with the PE staff of these schools to gauge interest. If interest isn't there, find another school.
END-OF-PROGRAM CULMINATING ACTIVITY – INTER-SCHOOL CARNIVAL
- This event is to be the responsibility of the Member Club selected to trial the program to run at their club venue.
- To take place on the end of the 5th week of the program (Saturday morning è 9am - 12pm).
PRE-PLANNING FOR CARNIVAL:
- During the third week of the program, the Club will send out a flyer to all participants from all 5 schools inviting them to the carnival.
- A campaign will be created to promote the carnival event at the schools.
- Club members will need to be recruited to assist the Quick Stix Coordinator to:
- Coordinate the operation of the carnival;
- Referee the games;
- Coach the teams;
- Run the Sausage Sizzle;
- Act as registrar for possible registrations (lap-top, forms, etc.)
- Run a Fastest shot competition & prizes.
- Mark, set up and secure the grounds.