2016 Australian Junior Championships Tender Applications
The Australian Junior Championships have previously been hosted by states on a rotational basis which is to end this year. As this is the case all clubs and associations have the opportunity to submit a tender application for any of the 2016 Championships.
For those interested in hosting an Australian Junior Championship all of the relevant application information and criteria for assessment is attached below but, in summary the assessment criteria includes:
- Venue Suitability
- Accommodation availability
- Previous event hosting experience
- Human Resources i.e. staff, volunteers etc.
- Support of local government/council & businesses
- Local facilities available
- Transport accessibility – i.e. distance from closest airports, flight schedules etc.
- Support of BA initiatives/partners i.e. Aussie Hoops, Fox Sports Pulse
Any tender applications must be returned to Basketball SA by no later than COB on Monday 15 June 2015. Basketball SA will then review these applications and submit to Basketball Australia by COB Monday 22 June 2015.