UOW College Scholarship Applications Now Open
Applications are now open for a new UOW College sports scholarship, part of a broad two-year agreement with the Illawarra Division Rugby League.
Purpose: To provide financial support to a player or volunteer affiliated with the Illawarra Division Rugby League Competition to help them achieve their educational goals at UOW College.
Scholarship: One (1) full fee-paying scholarship up to the Scholarship Value for a UOW College program at the Wollongong campus.
Scholarship Value: Up to $20,000.00 (in course fees only, no cash payment to scholarship recipient)
Sponsorship Categories: Indigenous, Humanitarian, Sporting Excellence, Volunteer
Eligible UOW College Courses: Eligible courses include Certificate III and IV and Diploma courses in Business and Management, Education, Engineering, Fitness, Nursing and Health, Information and Communication Technology, Legal Services, University Preparation (Pathways)
For full list of courses available visit: https://www.uowcollege.edu.au/future-students/index.html
(excluding English courses)
- Must be a registered player or volunteer of the Illawarra District Rugby League competition
- Minimum 16 years old
- Must complete application form including :
- Demonstrate how the qualification will be used in the future
- Demonstrate an appropriate academic record or commitment to study
- Scholarship application must be endorsed/proposed by applicants local rugby league club
How to Apply
- Written applications addressing eligibility criteria (and course selection) must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to download the application form
- Please attach any other supporting evidence in one file
- We encourage multimedia applications
Sponsorship Categories and additional criteria: One (1) applicant only will be chosen from all nominations received in the following categories:
- Identifies as ATSI
- Financial hardship
- Disrupted Schooling
- Severe Family Disruptions
- Long-term condition or ongoing effect of abuse
- Post school leavers who completed HSC in the last three years and haven’t undertaken any additional study.
- Have attended an In2Uni High School
- Evidence of previous sporting success
- Demonstrate involvement in rugby league at club level
- The scholarship recipient is expected, within reason, to represent the IDRL and UOWC at such functions deemed appropriate to promote the both organisations and the scholarship program during their scholarship tenure.
- This may include attendance at a media event to announce the scholarship and appear in promotional materials, including on the IDRL and UOWC websites, social media and other marketing collateral.
Selection Process and Scholarship Committee
- Applications will be received and shortlisted by IDRL representatives
- Final selection process will include a member nominated by the UOWC
Closing date for applications
- Midnight, Sunday, 12 August
- Scholarship to be announced on Grand Final Day, Sunday 9 September 2018 at WIN Stadium.