The Bronze Medallion Award provides participants with patrolling and surf awareness knowledge, in order to be able to participate in basic lifesaving operations.
- Saturday 28th October 9am-> 3pm
- Saturday 11th November 9am -> 3pm
- Sunday 19th November 8am -> 12 noon
- Sunday 26th November 9am-> 3pm
(times subject to change)
Saturday 2nd December (time tbc). Attendance is mandatory at all sessions.
- MMLSC membership fees paid for season 2017/18.
- Purchase a course manual - Public Safety and Aquatic Rescue - 34th edition - $35 available at the first training session
- Successfully complete a 400m swim in open water in 9 minutes or less unaided (goggles/mask permitted)
- Turn 15 years of age by the assessment date
- Candidates should bring the course manual, pen, Learner Guide (available at first session) as well as bathers, towels, goggles, swim cap, pink vest, runners, t-shirt, sunscreen, water to every session
- The attendance sheet must be signed by each candidate at the start of each session - this is then submitted to LSV as evidence
- The Learner Guide must be completed during theory sessions and at home and must be brought to each session
- If you are unsure about anything regarding patrols you can email our Patrol Captain Mark Cornish at email@example.com
If you have any further questions regarding the Bronze training please email our Chief Instructor Pam Mowat at firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for this course please go to http://mt.lsv-from-anywhere.com.au/login?org=lsv. Your user name should be your registered email address, and the password the one you set. If you are unsure, click to get new password. You will be taken to the COURSES page. Click on New Awards link. Find the Award you want to qualify in (Bronze Medallion). Then select ‘Book Practical’ by clicking on the blue box. The calendar will open, and you can search for the start date (28th October). Click on the Mount Martha Life Saving Club link to confirm your place on the course.
Last Modified on 20/10/2017 10:42