When ORADO was first established in 2004 its Board composition included a representative from both the NOC and Government for each member country i.e. two (2) represenatives from each member country. In 2006, an unanimous decision by the Board members at the time decided and agreed to have only one (1) representative, endorsed by both NOC and Government, to represent each member country on the ORADO Board.
BOARD PURPOSEAn ORADO Board members Objectives and key Activities include:
- Promote ORADO's vision of doping-free sport and its mission among fellow organizations within the Olympic Movement and amongst other governments in Oceania.
- Approve annual strategic plans and operational plans developed by the ORADO Management.
- Review and evaluate the ORADO Management activities on an ongoing basis.
- Develop long term strategies for ORADO.
- Seek to maintain and improve the financial status of ORADO.
- Approval annual budget set forth by the ORADO Management.
- Ensure that adequate financial control systems and accounting procedures are in place and maintained.
- Assist in the development and long term sustainability of ORADO.
The current composition of the ORADO Board include:
- Chairperson (elected from the members of the Board, excluding the Advisory Members)
- One Representative from each member country *
- Advisory Members#
The Secretary to the Board (ORADO Management Staff) shall be in attendance in the ORADO Board Meetings.
The ORADO Board will review from time to time the membership of the Board taking into consideration additional countries which form part of the ORADO structure.
*Member countries include: American Samoa, Cook Islands, Fiji, New Caledonia, Palau, PNG, Samoa, Tonga, Vanuatu
#World Anti-Doping Agency (1 represenative from Montreal Headquarter & 1 representative from the Regional Office), Drug Free Sport New Zealand (DFSNZ) representative, Australian Government representative, Oceania National Olympic Committees (ONOC) representative.