Activity Report for 2007
Please find listed below the activities that KIFA managed to carry out in 2007 –
1. 1. The Taiwan Cup Football Competition was organised from January to February.
2. 2. The BKL Cup Football Tournament was played from March to August.
3. 3. The Moel Independence Football Tournament was played from June to July.
4. 4. The inter secondary schools football competition was played from 9-14/7/07 in which most secondary schools in Kiribati and junior secondary schools on Tarawa participated.
5. 5. KIFA and UPF-K co-organised a football competion for primary schools in Betio, South Tarawa and Abatao in North Tarawa from 20/10/07 to 17/11/08.
6. 6. KIFA was admitted as associate member of OFC in May 2007 at the OFC Extraordinary Congress held on 28 May 2007 in Zurich, Switzerland.
7. 7. KIFA carried out a training on the laws of the game and on coaching to local coaches and referees on all the outer islands including Betio and South Tarawa. As at the end of 2007 all the outer islands were visited with the exception of Kiritimati, Tabuaeran and Teraina which were not covered under the project funded by Australia in the amount of $9,960. North Tarawa has not been visited but it will be so in 2008.
8. 8. A training manual for local coaches and a book interpreting the laws of the game was published.