The following outlines the treatment of membership.
1 Who is eligible to be a member
Any person who wants to support the purpose of the Association is eligible for membership.
The Purpose of Wallan Basketball Association Incorporated is to be admired and respected for being a competitive Victorian basketball association founded on:
- A commitment to ensure local kids always enjoy the experience of playing Basketball in a Safe environment.
- Skilled, accredited and respected basketball coaches able to teach and deliver player Improvement and team Excellence;
- Tenacious players who Execute the fundamental skills of basketball, unselfishly Assist their team and are Mindful of being composed, coachable and good sports.
- A healthy junior domestic basketball competition with players from all surrounding regions in all age-gender groups; and
- Wallan Panthers representative teams regularly qualifying and competing in the highest divisions of the VJBL and the BVC Country Championships.
Additionally, by supporting our elite pathway program that focuses on developing our juniors to reach their potential through BVC pathways through to the Wallan Panthers Senior teams and beyond.
2 Types of membership
(1) Full Membership – members who are over the age of 15 and are paid up for the given year.
(2) Associate Membership – members of the Association under the age of 15 years and any other category of member as determined by special resolution at a general meeting . An associate member must not vote but may have other rights as determined by the Committee or by resolution at a general meeting.
(3) Life Membership - A Life Member has full membership entitlements and are waived the annual subscription fee.
3 Application for membership
(1) To apply to become a member of the Association, a person must complete an application form, separate to a registration form.
(2) One membership is available per family of registered players or on an individual basis for those without a registered player.
(3) A person becomes a member of the Association and is entitled to exercise his or her rights of membership from the date, whichever is the later, on which—
(a) the Committee approves the person's membership; or
(b) the person pays the joining fee.
(4) Committee members are automatically granted membership for their term of serving.
(5) Membership remains intact until either the player remains unregistered for a more than 1 season or the annual fee is not paid up.
4 Annual subscription and fee on joining
(1) At each annual general meeting, the Association will determine the amount of the annual subscription (if any) for the following financial year; and the date for payment of the annual subscription.
(2) The annual fee will initially be set at $20, to be reviewed at the AGM, and will be due on application.
(3) Families of registered players at WBI will have their membership fee waived for the year of on registration of a player.
(4) Associate members will not be charged an annual fee
(5) The rights of a member (including the right to vote) who has not paid the annual subscription by the due date are suspended until the subscription is paid.
5 General rights of members
(1) A member of the Association who is entitled to vote has the right—
(a) to receive notice of general meetings and of proposed special resolutions
(b) to submit items of business for consideration at a general meeting;
(c) to attend and be heard at general meetings;
(d) to vote at a general meeting;
(e) to have access to the minutes of general meetings and other documents of the Association as provided under rule 75;
(f) to inspect the register of members.
(2) A member is entitled to vote if—
(a) the member is a member other than an associate member; and
(b) more than 10 business days have passed since he or she became a member of the Association; and
(c) the member's membership rights are not suspended for any reason.