Welcome to AFL Goldfields Chairman Craig Fletcher
As most would be aware, at the AFL Goldfields AGM held in December our inaugural Chairman Tim Bunning stood down from the Chairman’s role (but has remained on the Commission) and Deputy Chairman Craig Fletcher was appointed Chairman of AFL Goldfields.
A proud "boy from Sebas", Craig grew up in Ballarat and has left for only short periods of time. For more than 23 years Craig has been involved in both private practice and government in the provision of engineering and building surveying services
Craig joined the AFL Goldfields Commission as founding member of the AFL Goldfields Commission in 2013, and he is a strong advocate of the importance of football in building stronger communities and its ability to provide a path way for all budding champions. Craig’s playing career was short but he played in the junior league for the Sebastopol Football Club and it was his great honor to be their number one ticket holder for the 2011 season.
Craig is very actively involved in the greater Ballarat region having been
- Mayor City of Ballarat December 2010 to December 2011
- Board member Regional Cities Victoria (2011)
- Chair of Central Highlands Mayors and CEO’s Group, 2011.
- Board member Committee for Ballarat 2011.
- Current Board member of the Regional Development Australia Grampians region
- Current committee member (and former Chairman) of the Ballarat Turf Club.
- Life member of the Wendouree Apex Club.
Craig looks forward to working very hard and listening at every opportunity to all the players, supporters, club members and administrators of all football and netball clubs within the AFL Goldfields Region.