The Blue Card system:
- is a key prevention and monitoring system of people working with children and young people
- aims to minimise the risks of harm to children and young people receiving services which contribute to their wellbeing and development, and
- is founded on the principle that all children have a fundamental right to be protected from harm.
- the past is risk managed though the initial assessment, which determines a person’s eligibility to work with children, based on known police or disciplinary information
- the present is risk managed through police information of all blue card or exemption card holders, which is continuously monitored so any changes are actioned appropriately, and
- the future is risk managed by service providers, who are required to implement child and youth risk management strategies and review them annually.
To access information Click onto Website