2019 Hunter AFL Masters Registration Form
2019 Survey - Values and Actions
AFL HCC Social Competition Latest
- Team Manager
- Club Umpire
- Goal Umpire
- Timekeeper/Scoreboard operator
- Sports trainer
2019 Masters DRAFT Fixture
- The fixture has been lodged with Newcastle City Council, and we are awaiting confirmation of availability of Bill Elliott Oval in Marylands to finalise the draw. Pending approval, Bill Elliott Oval will be the home ground for Hunter AFL Masters intraclub games unless otherwise indicated.
- The use of Pasterfield Sports Centre in Cameron Park for our HCC Social home games is subject to availability, with draws yet to be relased for junior competitions who will also be using the vanue. However, dates for the AFL HCC Social games are set, with times and grounds to be confirmed.
- The game against Port Macquarie will be played in Port Macquarie and is set down for the 27th of April, but is yet to be confirmed.
- The Presentation Dinner will take place on the 26th of October, at a venue yet to be determined.
- Hunter AFL Masters withdrew from the Sydney Carnival after the carnival was postponed to later in the season, which then clashed with our existing draw. A local intraclub game has been scheduled in its place.
- Registration Day will once again take place at Nelson Bay, on the 10th of March. The first game at Bill Elliott is scheduled for the 30th of March.
- The Newcastle Carnival will take place at No. 1 Sportsground on the 9th of June.
- Hunter AFL Masters will host Coffs Harbour at Bill Elliott Oval on the 22nd of June.
- Hunter AFL Masters will take part in the Illawarra Carnival on the 31st of August.
- The final local game of the year will be the Father/Child game at Bill Elliott on the 15th of September.
- The National Carnival in Townsville will run for a week from the 28th of September.
AFL HCC Competition Update
Hi again Members,
As you may know from our previous posts, it's likely Masters will enter a team in the AFL HCC Seniors competition this year, pending a few questions we've raised with AFL HCC. This is in addition to our regular Intraclub games.
We're hopeful of bringing a coach on board in the next few weeks, and we're in regular dialogue with AFL HCC about the competition. We've also had quite a few people already indicate their willingness to play, which is fantastic.
However, we're looking to get as many people involved as possible, not only to fill out the playing ranks, but to also help with support roles, such as team managers, trainers, time keepers, physios, score keepers, etc.
If you're keen to try out the new competition, or could help in some other way, we'd love to hear from you. Drop us an email at Committee@huntermaf.org.au, or chat to one of our committee members about it.
2019 Hunter AFL Masters - Committee Update
2019 Over 40's European Tour
See below from the AFL Masters Tour website:
For more information, and to register your expression of interest, visit https://www.aflmasterstours.com/
AFL Masters Australia Official Representative Tour:
July 5 – July 22, 2019 – France, England, Ireland
With the prior success of the 2016 England/ Ireland Tour and the most recent 2017 China/India Tour the overseas tour is on again.
An AFL Masters Australian representative is planned to play 3 official international tests (on consecutive weekends) plus 2 midweek social games.
The tests will be played against Ireland (most likely in Galway), England (in London) and France (in Paris) with mid-week social games likely to be played in Cork (Ireland) and Oxford (v Oxford University). The Test v Ireland will be an International Rules Test, played with the round ball against the Gaelic Masters Association (GMA) Ireland representative team. All other tour games will be AFL.
Places are limited (24 players) so get in early.
See information packs and register your expression of interest at https://www.aflmasterstours.com/
AFL Special Offer - Round 1, GWS v Essendon
2019 Assessment Survey - Results
51 respondents completed the survey, representing approximately 71% of members registered with Hunter AFL Masters in 2019.
Individual comments in the survey have been removed to protect the anonymity of participants.
Broadly, the report raises the following points:
- The survey suggests that internally we are strong as an organisation, while our weakness is in our external relationships.
- The survey can provide a foundation to create a strong identity around, such as outlining what we stand for in a Mission Statement, etc. This will allow us to create subsequent documents, such as a Sponsorship Prospectus. So we may need to go backwards before going forwards.
- We need to make sure that we keep doing what makes us strong internally, such as good communication, low fees, a good social side to the club, etc.
- We need to improve our relationship with external stakeholders, such as sponsors, HCC AFL, and the HCC Clubs. The committee is now currently working with the HCC AFL as a priorty.
- The Committee is now working towards a range of actions to be taken as a result. We will report these to the members in due course.
If you have any comments you would like to make about the survey, please don't hesitate to chat to one of our committee members.
Hunter AFL Masters - Footy for Fun!!
AFL Hunter Central Coast Social Football
You might be aware that the BDAFL has now been replaced by a new local AFL competition called the AFL Hunter Central Coast (AFL HCC) for 2019 and going forward. As was initiated last season under the BDAFL, the AFL HCC intends to run a social comp next year for older players. The basic arrangement is likely to be:
Play every 2-3 weeks with gala days utilised also
16 players on the ground - 17 minute quarters - Interchange (prob unlimited in numbers) Min age of 32 but 2 (prob) players down to 28 y.o. permitted AFL Masters code of ethics to be employed.
Last season four team from the central coast participated in the social comp and the AFL HCC is hoping teams from Newcastle area will also join next year. Hunter AFL Masters has again been asked to participate.
At this time, we are seeking expressions of interest from you to gauge whether we will have the numbers to enter a team. We intend to run our usual club AFL Masters calendar/draw regardless of whether we participate in the social comp. That means our club members/players would have the opportunity to play both Masters and social comp or either, depending on how the draws work out. There will likely be additional cost for players wanting to play both.
We don't know at this stage what other Newcastle clubs will be entering teams.
Could you please contact our secretary asap whether or not you are interested in playing in the AFL HCC social comp with Hunter AFL masters in 2019? (no commitment at this stage)
2018 AGM News
2018 AGM was held as planned on Sunday 2 December at Maitland Park.
President Dean Frerk and Treasurer Adam Shearer reported on a successful 2018 season for the club before the 2018 committee was dissolved and a new committee voted in for 2019.
The new club committee for 2019 is:
President: Adam Shearer
Vice President: John Sheehan
Secretary: Mark Hope
Treasurer: Alex Holness
Ground Coordinator: Shane Gallagher
Canteen Coordinator: Beryl Hope
Registration Secretary: Julie Shearer
Committee members: Eric Rogers, Judy Rogers
Sincere thanks to our 2018 committee and outgoing President Dean Frerk for doing a great job running the club and congratulations to the new committee on your appointments. We especially welcome new committee members Alex Holness and Julie Shearer. We still have three general committee positions vacant if anyone would like to put yourself forward. Please contact Adam Shearer or Mark Hope if you're interested.
The AGM was followed with the Christmas BBQ and a good effort was made to empty the trailer/canteen of contents for the year. It was a great finale to 2018 before the wind arrived!
We look forward to catching up with everyone again in 2019 - Merry Christmas and All the Best for the New Year.
2018 Presentation Night
Update Draw will be Online
A copy of the season draw will be on this site.. look under Season 2019. We will keep you posted on any updates or changes to this draw.
2019 Set to Get Off to a Hot Start
The 2019 season is due to kick off early March at Dick Burwell Oval, Nelson Bay as is now tradition. The game is set to start at 10am but get there early to register. Hope to see many new member come along and welcome back our existing members.