Click on document below to access or download Playing Conditions
PLAYING CONDITION INFRINGEMENTS
- All verbal Technical Fouls are playing conditions infringements are to recorded on the Player Infringement Form and will fo towards the Player Condition Infringement Count. i.e Disrepectful communication to the any official of the game, baiting and taunting an opponent and language that can incite spectators.
THE FOLLOWING INFRINGEMENTS DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS THE PENALTY COUNT.
- Technical Foul for a defender putting their hand over the line and touching the ball on a pass-in.
- Technical Foul for tapping the ball away after a basket is scored.
- Technical Foul on a substitution entering the playing court while the ball is in play.
- Faking a foul.
- Obstructing the vision of an opponent by waving/placing his hand(s) near his eyes.
- Goaltending during the last or only free throw by a defensive player.
- Any Unsportsmanlike Foul that the referee/umpire believes that the contact is not hard or dangerous.****The referee making the call will make the decision on whether the Unsportsmanlike Foul is hard.****
PLAYING CONDITIONS CORRESPONDENCE PRODECURE
1. The Business Administrator where possible will issue a warning letter to the Club and Player when three infingements have occurred against a player.
2. When a player is suspended the Business Administrator will issue a letter to the Club. It is the Clubs reponsilbility to inform the player of the suspension.
3. The GSABA Bylaw covering this:
(b) GSABA Correspondence is to be communicated to the Clubs and the Clubs are responsible to ensure their Club Members fulfil their obligations.