Click on document below to read or download Philosophies
1. The objective of our Association is to provide a place to play and foster basketball and promote excellence of endeavour.
2. Our Association should always encourage players, coaches and officials to be involved in the highest level of basketball possible.
3. Our association actively and positively promotes the development of our youth in all facets of the game, which includes playing, coaching and officiating. We see youth as the key to future.
4. Our Association promotes positiveness and we accept a responsibility to maintain high standards of social behaviour based upon the moral standards acceptable to the community.
5. Our association teams, clubs, coaches and players representing our association need to show good sportsmanship and should discipline themselves to be proud but graceful winners and graceful losers.
6. Our Association, clubs, coaches and players should project a winning attitude - we believe there is great merit and noble achievement in winning premierships but the attitude should not include "win at all costs".
7. Our Association needs to actively promote its referees and umpires, provide developmental opportunities and be completely supportive of their efforts.
8. Our Association accepts the heritage which its players, coaches, officials and administratorshave passed down to us, in doing so we do not intend to rest in idleness, but shall strive with all our power to further the Association's fine achievements.
9. Our Association should be forward thinking, needs to accept change and be ready to progress by continually implementing clear management concepts and business plans.
10. Our Association needs to adopt coaching philisophies that are congruent with our aims and needs to ensure the emphasis of development of youth is exercised properly.
11. All Association dealings, negotiations and activities should be carried out in a professional and business-like based upon fair play.
12. Members of the Management Committee should contribute to open, healthy debate on the running of the association and give full backing to committee decisions. They need to set an example that promotes good sportsmanship and acceptable behaviour.
13. At all times we should promote respectfulness, truthfulness, sincerity, reliability and always act in the best interest of the Association.
14. To be successful each of us must be active, positive and devoted to the cause.