15th - Zone Theory umpire exam
15th - Cancelled: Running Biomechanics Workshop
15th - Central Pulse vs Tactix 7.40pm Christchurch
17th - PAK'nSAVE Kilbirnie Junior Netball Academy starts
21st - Beko Central vs South 1pm Walter Nash Stadium
21st - Performance Analysis Workshop 2.30pm W/Nash
24th - Central Pulse vs Steel 7.40pm TRA
25th - Tournament Planning coach course 6.30 Hataitai
27th - NWC Y9 & U15 Rep Gold Coin Day #1 ASBSC
30th - NZ Umpire Fitness Test 6.30pm ASBSC
31st - Central Pulse vs Mystics 7.40pm Auckland
Online forms now active...
PAK'nSAVE Kilbirnie Junior Netball Academy - Term 2
NWC Online Shop
NWC Umpire Registration
NNZ Coach Workshop Registration
↓↓ ONLINE REGISTRATION LINKS BELOW ↓↓
2017 Open Grade (19+) Rep Information
Netball Wellington Centre are pleased to confirm the following Open Grade (19+) representative team management appointments for our 2017 season:
NWC Open Grade (19+) Lead Coach – TBC
NWC Open Grade (19+) Assistant Coach – TBC
NWC Open Grade (19+) Black Manager – TBC
Names of players successfully selected in the 2017 Netball Wellington Centre Open Grade (19+) Representative Team will be posted below along with their affiliated club.
Open Grade (19+) Representative player commitments
some dates are still to be confirmed, possibility for further dates to be added
Trialists are expected to review ALL commitment dates and must commit to attending ALL training and tournament dates for the duration of their rep campaign.
Open Grade (19+) Trials:
Held indoors at the ASB Sports Centre
Tuesday 22nd August 2017 from 6.00pm to 8.00pm
Sunday 27th August 2017 from 10.00am to 12.00pm
It is strongly recommended that trialists be available to attend ALL trials.
Exemptions can be granted where a valid reason is provided in advance at the time of trial registration.
Trial dates and information shall be promoted via email distributed to previous trial attendees, via Netball Club Captains. Please keep an eye on our website at www.netballwellington.co.nz and "Like" our Facebook page to stay up to date. If you wish to be added to our mailing list so as to be included in our mail-out once registrations open please advise your email address and age level to email@example.com
To represent Netball Wellington Centre, players must:
- Aged over 19 years of age as at the 1st of January 2017
- currently be registered, fully financial (all prior fees paid) and actively playing for a current school or club affiliated to our Netball Wellington Centre Winter Competition played at the ASB Sports Centre or Hataitai Netball Courts.
- Players must trial for their affiliated netball centre in the first instance. If following non-selection players wish to make themselves available to trial for an alternative netball centre, dispensation must be granted from your existing netball centre before being allowed to trial/play for Netball Wellington Centre.
- In the instance where your affiliated netball centre decides not to enter its own age grade team players are then permitted to trial for Netball Wellington Centre provided they first gain dispensation from their affiliated centre. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further. Please find a dispensation form attached at the bottom of this page - one for those wishing to be released from NWC to trial for another Centre and one for players affiliated to other Centres wishing to be considered for NWC trials.
All trialists are required to submit a nomination form prior to attending the trials.
Trialists are encouraged to self-nominate or can be nominated by their Parent/Coach/Sport Coordinator with the player's knowledge and permission.
Please take care to submit completed forms by Open Grade (19+) Rep Nominations close 12pm Monday 21st August 2017. Late registrations may be accepted at the discretion of Netball Wellington Centre in consultation with the Lead Coach.
Open Grade (19+) trainings traditionally held Tuesday evenings 6.00pm-7.30pm at the ASB Sports Centre – some flexibility for change possible.
Following final team selection Team Manager/s will be in touch with all team members and parents via email to confirm further details. All team members are asked to please make every effort to attend trainings whether injured or otherwise as it is important to bond with the team and take on board team strategy you can still learn from the sideline. Please remember to advise your Team Manager whether you are/are not available to attend trainings along with keeping them up to date on any injury notifications throughout the rep season.
Taranaki Open Tournament
Saturday 9th September - held at the TSB Stadium in New Plymouth (TBC)
NWC Invitational Fixtures
Sunday 17th September 2017 - held at the ASB Sports Centre in Wellington.
Warm up match/es TBC with other Open Grade (19+) teams prior to last tournament on calendar - date/venue TBC
Other possible rep team fundraising commitments:
• Netball Wellington Centre will book and front promotion for Movie Night or Quiz Night fundraising ventures - successfully selected players will be asked to fully support these ventures by selling tickets and promoting amongst their family and friends.
• Netball Wellington Centre may arrange other fundraising ventures such as chocolate sales or raffles on behalf of its teams - successfully selected players will be asked to fully support these ventures by selling tickets and promoting amongst their family and friends.
For further information phone or to be placed on our mailing list to receive notification once online registrations open please contact our Netball Development Officer via email to email@example.com or phone (04) 387 6011.
(page updated 22 December 2016)