2-7 – NNZ Super Club Tournament in Nelson
7th - Walking Netball final session 6.45pm ASBSC
7th - Men's Netball League starts at ASBSC (cancelled)
8th - England U19 game vs NWC U19 11.30am ASBSC
8th - England U19 game vs NWC U17 2.30pm ASBSC
8-16 - 2017 Netball World Youth Cup in Botswana
9th - WRCC Year 7&8 Rep Tournament entries close
9-11 - North Island U15 Champs in New Plymouth
10th - Zone Theory Exam 2 applications close
10-13 - NNZ U19 Age Group Championships at ASBSC
12&13 - Autumn Twilight grand final
15th - No Collegiate grade Winter competition games
17-20 - NNZ U17 Age Group Championships, Pukekohe
17-21 - PAK'nSAVE Kilbirnie July Holiday Prog at ASBSC
22nd - No Collegiate grade Winter competition games
Online forms now active...
PAK'nSAVE Kilbirnie July Netball Holiday Programme
PAK'nSAVE Kilbirnie Term 3 Junior Netball Academy
NNZ Coach Workshop and My Team & Me Workshop
NWC Online Shop
NWC Umpire Registration
↓↓ ONLINE REGISTRATION LINKS BELOW ↓↓
2017 Open Grade (19+) Rep Information
Netball Wellington Centre are pleased to confirm the following Open Grade (19+) representative team management appointments for our 2017 season:
NWC Open Grade (19+) Lead Coach – TBC
NWC Open Grade (19+) Assistant Coach – TBC
NWC Open Grade (19+) Black Manager – TBC
Names of players successfully selected in the 2017 Netball Wellington Centre Open Grade (19+) Representative Team will be posted below along with their affiliated club.
Open Grade (19+) Representative player commitments
some dates are still to be confirmed, possibility for further dates to be added
Trialists are expected to review ALL commitment dates and must commit to attending ALL training and tournament dates for the duration of their rep campaign.
Open Grade (19+) Trials:
Held indoors at the ASB Sports Centre
Tuesday 22nd August 2017 from 6.00pm to 8.00pm
Sunday 27th August 2017 from 10.00am to 12.00pm
It is strongly recommended that trialists be available to attend ALL trials.
Exemptions can be granted where a valid reason is provided in advance at the time of trial registration.
Trial dates and information shall be promoted via email distributed to previous trial attendees, via Netball Club Captains. Please keep an eye on our website at www.netballwellington.co.nz and "Like" our Facebook page to stay up to date. If you wish to be added to our mailing list so as to be included in our mail-out once registrations open please advise your email address and age level to firstname.lastname@example.org
To represent Netball Wellington Centre, players must:
- Aged over 19 years of age as at the 1st of January 2017
- currently be registered, fully financial (all prior fees paid) and actively playing for a current school or club affiliated to our Netball Wellington Centre Winter Competition played at the ASB Sports Centre or Hataitai Netball Courts.
- Players must trial for their affiliated netball centre in the first instance. If following non-selection players wish to make themselves available to trial for an alternative netball centre, dispensation must be granted from your existing netball centre before being allowed to trial/play for Netball Wellington Centre.
- In the instance where your affiliated netball centre decides not to enter its own age grade team players are then permitted to trial for Netball Wellington Centre provided they first gain dispensation from their affiliated centre. Please email email@example.com to discuss further. Please find a dispensation form attached at the bottom of this page - one for those wishing to be released from NWC to trial for another Centre and one for players affiliated to other Centres wishing to be considered for NWC trials.
All trialists are required to submit a nomination form prior to attending the trials.
Trialists are encouraged to self-nominate or can be nominated by their Parent/Coach/Sport Coordinator with the player's knowledge and permission.
Please take care to submit completed forms by Open Grade (19+) Rep Nominations close 12pm Monday 21st August 2017. Late registrations may be accepted at the discretion of Netball Wellington Centre in consultation with the Lead Coach.
Open Grade (19+) trainings traditionally held Tuesday evenings 6.00pm-7.30pm at the ASB Sports Centre – some flexibility for change possible.
Following final team selection Team Manager/s will be in touch with all team members and parents via email to confirm further details. All team members are asked to please make every effort to attend trainings whether injured or otherwise as it is important to bond with the team and take on board team strategy you can still learn from the sideline. Please remember to advise your Team Manager whether you are/are not available to attend trainings along with keeping them up to date on any injury notifications throughout the rep season.
Taranaki Open Tournament
Saturday 9th September - held at the TSB Stadium in New Plymouth (TBC)
NWC Invitational Fixtures
Sunday 17th September 2017 - held at the ASB Sports Centre in Wellington.
Warm up match/es TBC with other Open Grade (19+) teams prior to last tournament on calendar - date/venue TBC
Other possible rep team fundraising commitments:
• Netball Wellington Centre will book and front promotion for Movie Night or Quiz Night fundraising ventures - successfully selected players will be asked to fully support these ventures by selling tickets and promoting amongst their family and friends.
• Netball Wellington Centre may arrange other fundraising ventures such as chocolate sales or raffles on behalf of its teams - successfully selected players will be asked to fully support these ventures by selling tickets and promoting amongst their family and friends.
For further information phone or to be placed on our mailing list to receive notification once online registrations open please contact our Netball Development Officer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (04) 387 6011.
(page updated 22 December 2016)