Netball Wellington Centre are pleased to confirm the following Under 19 representative team management appointments for our 2017 season:
NWC U19 Black Lead Coach – Pelesa Semu
NWC U19 Black Assistant Coach – Helen Glading
NWC U19 Black Manager – Natasha Jacobs
Names of players successfully selected in the 2017 Netball Wellington Centre U19 Representative Team will be posted below along with their affiliated school/club.
Danielle Tafili - PIC Netball Club
Ema Lees - SMOG Netball Club
Emily Malaulau - PIC Netball Club
Georgia White - SMOG Netball Club
Grace McLean - Queen Margaret College
Hinemairi Tohiariki - Kapi-Mana (Northern United)
Jenna Barrett - Wellington East Netball Club
Jade Fox - Victoria University
Julia Law - PIC Netball Club
Kate Wells - Wellington East Netball Club
Ruby Stirling - SMOG Netball Club
Tekiriahi Weston - PIC Netball Club
Emily Teono - PIC Netball Club (withdrawn due to injury)
Under 19 Representative player commitments
some dates are still to be confirmed, possibility for further dates to be added
Trialists are expected to review ALL commitment dates and must commit to attending ALL training and tournament dates for the duration of their rep campaign.
Under 19 Trials:
Held indoors at the ASB Sports Centre
Tuesday 2nd May 2017 from 6.00pm to 7.30pm
Sunday 7th May April 2017 from 10.00am to 12.00pm
It is strongly recommended that trialists be available to attend ALL trials.
Exemptions can be granted where a valid reason is provided in advance at the time of trial registration.
Trial dates and information shall be promoted via email distributed to previous trial attendees, via School Sports Coordinators and Netball Club Captains. Please keep an eye on our website at www.netballwellington.co.nz and "Like" our Facebook page to stay up to date. If you wish to be added to our mailing list so as to be included in our mail-out once registrations open please advise your email address and age level to email@example.com
To represent Netball Wellington Centre, players must:
- Aged under 19 years of age as at the 1st of January 2017
- currently be registered, fully financial (all prior fees paid) and actively playing for a current school or club affiliated to our Netball Wellington Centre Winter Competition played at the ASB Sports Centre or Hataitai Netball Courts.
- Players must trial for their affiliated netball centre in the first instance. If following non-selection players wish to make themselves available to trial for an alternative netball centre, dispensation must be granted from your existing netball centre before being allowed to trial/play for Netball Wellington Centre.
- In the instance where your affiliated netball centre decides not to enter its own age grade team players are then permitted to trial for Netball Wellington Centre provided they first gain dispensation from their affiliated centre. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further. Please find a dispensation form attached at the bottom of this page - one for those wishing to be released from NWC to trial for another Centre and one for players affiliated to other Centres wishing to be considered for NWC trials.
All trialists are required to submit a nomination form prior to attending the trials.
Trialists are encouraged to self-nominate or can be nominated by their Parent/Coach/Sport Coordinator with the player's knowledge and permission.
Please take care to submit completed forms by Under 19 Rep Nominations close 12pm Monday 1st May 2017. Late registrations may be accepted at the discretion of Netball Wellington Centre in consultation with the Lead Coach.
Under 19 trainings are held Sunday morning 9.30am-11.00am and Tuesday evenings 6.00pm-7.30pm at the ASB Sports Centre – some flexibility for change possible.
Following final team selection Team Manager/s will be in touch with all team members and parents via email to confirm further details. All team members are asked to please make every effort to attend trainings whether injured or otherwise as it is important to bond with the team and take on board team strategy you can still learn from the sideline. Please remember to advise your Team Manager whether you are/are not available to attend trainings along with keeping them up to date on any injury notifications throughout the rep season.
Betty Steffensen Tournament
Sunday 11th June 2017 – held at Vautier Park in Palmerston North.
Wellington v Hawke's Bay
Wellington v Hutt Valley
Wellington v Manawatu
Final placing - 2nd
NWC Invitational Fixtures
Sunday 18th June 2017 - held at ASB Sports Centre in Wellington.
Wellington U19 v Manawatu U19 24-31 (loss)
Wellington U19 v Hawke's Bay U19 29-8 (win)
Wellington U19 v Christchurch U19 31-17 (win)
Wellington U19 v Invercargill U19 36-25 (win)
Warm up match/es TBC with other U19 teams prior to last tournament on calendar - date/venue TBC
Training Game vs England U19
Saturday 8th July 2017 - held 11.30am at ASB Sports Centre in Wellington
Netball NZ U19 Age Group Championships
Monday 10th to Thursday 13th July 2017 – held at ASB Sports Centre in Wellington. Teams enter tournament camp and stay together from Sunday 9th July to Thursday 13th July.
Netball NZ U19 Champs draw and results link including live scoring - click here
Wellington v Selwyn 46-27 (win)
Wellington v Howick Pakuranga 41-23 (win)
Wellington v Hutt Valley 31-22 (win)
Wellington v Invercargill 42-18 (win)
Wellington v North Harbour 36-29 (win)
Wellington v Trust Waikato Hamilton City 25-30 (loss)
3rd/4th Play-off: Wellington 39 v 21 Waitakere
1st Trust Waikato Hamilton City
5th North Harbour
12th Howick Pakuranga
13th Hutt Valley
15th Nelson Russells Curtains & Blinds
16th Hawke's Bay
17th North Otago
U19 Tournament Team:
Danielle Tafili - Wellington
Ema Lees - Wellington
Georgia White - Wellington
Grace McLean - Wellington
Tori Kolose - Auckland
Theresa Ngata - Auckland
Amy Carter - England
Lyanne Eukaliti - Hamilton City
Sydney Fraser - Hamilton City
Amorangi Malesala - Hamilton City
Lisa Mather - Hamilton City
Emily Autagavaia - Manawatu
Braxton Te Riini - Manawatu
Diahn Tepania-Strickland - Manawatu
Other possible rep team fundraising commitments:
• Gold Coin Days – Saturday 27th May & Saturday 24th June 2017 – collections at ASB Sports Centre venue.
• Netball Wellington Centre will book and promote team Movie Night or Quiz Night fundraising ventures - successfully selected players will be asked to fully support these ventures by selling tickets and promoting amongst their family and friends.
• Netball Wellington Centre may arrange other fundraising ventures such as chocolate sales or raffles on behalf of its teams - successfully selected players will be asked to fully support these ventures by selling tickets and promoting amongst their family and friends.
For further information phone or to be placed on our mailing list to receive notification once online registrations open please contact our Netball Development Officer via email to email@example.com or phone (04) 387 6011.
(page updated 07 July 2017)