15th - Zone Theory umpire exam
15th - Cancelled: Running Biomechanics Workshop
15th - Central Pulse vs Tactix 7.40pm Christchurch
17th - PAK'nSAVE Kilbirnie Junior Netball Academy starts
21st - Beko Central vs South 1pm Walter Nash Stadium
21st - Performance Analysis Workshop 2.30pm W/Nash
24th - Central Pulse vs Steel 7.40pm TRA
25th - Tournament Planning coach course 6.30 Hataitai
27th - NWC Y9 & U15 Rep Gold Coin Day #1 ASBSC
30th - NZ Umpire Fitness Test 6.30pm ASBSC
31st - Central Pulse vs Mystics 7.40pm Auckland
Online forms now active...
PAK'nSAVE Kilbirnie Junior Netball Academy - Term 2
NWC Online Shop
NWC Umpire Registration
NNZ Coach Workshop Registration
↓↓ ONLINE REGISTRATION LINKS BELOW ↓↓
2017 U19 Rep Information
Netball Wellington Centre are pleased to confirm the following Under 19 representative team management appointments for our 2017 season:
NWC U19 Black Lead Coach – Pelesa Semu
NWC U19 Black Assistant Coach – Helen Glading
NWC U19 Black Manager – Natasha Jacobs
Names of players successfully selected in the 2017 Netball Wellington Centre U19 Representative Team will be posted below along with their affiliated school/club.
Danielle Tafili - PIC Netball Club
Ema Lees - SMOG Netball Club
Emily Malaulau - PIC Netball Club
Emily Teono - PIC Netball Club
Georgia White - SMOG Netball Club
Grace McLean - Queen Margaret College
Hinemairi Tohiariki - Kapi-Mana (Northern United)
Jenna Barrett - Wellington East Netball Club
Jade Fox - Victoria University
Julia Law - PIC Netball Club
Kate Wells - Wellington East Netball Club
Mila Reuelu-Buchanan - PIC Netball Club
Ruby Stirling - SMOG Netball Club
Tekiriahi Weston - PIC Netball Club
Under 19 Representative player commitments
some dates are still to be confirmed, possibility for further dates to be added
Trialists are expected to review ALL commitment dates and must commit to attending ALL training and tournament dates for the duration of their rep campaign.
Under 19 Trials:
Held indoors at the ASB Sports Centre
Tuesday 2nd May 2017 from 6.00pm to 7.30pm
Sunday 7th May April 2017 from 10.00am to 12.00pm
It is strongly recommended that trialists be available to attend ALL trials.
Exemptions can be granted where a valid reason is provided in advance at the time of trial registration.
Trial dates and information shall be promoted via email distributed to previous trial attendees, via School Sports Coordinators and Netball Club Captains. Please keep an eye on our website at www.netballwellington.co.nz and "Like" our Facebook page to stay up to date. If you wish to be added to our mailing list so as to be included in our mail-out once registrations open please advise your email address and age level to firstname.lastname@example.org
To represent Netball Wellington Centre, players must:
- Aged under 19 years of age as at the 1st of January 2017
- currently be registered, fully financial (all prior fees paid) and actively playing for a current school or club affiliated to our Netball Wellington Centre Winter Competition played at the ASB Sports Centre or Hataitai Netball Courts.
- Players must trial for their affiliated netball centre in the first instance. If following non-selection players wish to make themselves available to trial for an alternative netball centre, dispensation must be granted from your existing netball centre before being allowed to trial/play for Netball Wellington Centre.
- In the instance where your affiliated netball centre decides not to enter its own age grade team players are then permitted to trial for Netball Wellington Centre provided they first gain dispensation from their affiliated centre. Please email email@example.com to discuss further. Please find a dispensation form attached at the bottom of this page - one for those wishing to be released from NWC to trial for another Centre and one for players affiliated to other Centres wishing to be considered for NWC trials.
All trialists are required to submit a nomination form prior to attending the trials.
Trialists are encouraged to self-nominate or can be nominated by their Parent/Coach/Sport Coordinator with the player's knowledge and permission.
Please take care to submit completed forms by Under 19 Rep Nominations close 12pm Monday 1st May 2017. Late registrations may be accepted at the discretion of Netball Wellington Centre in consultation with the Lead Coach.
Under 19 trainings are held Sunday morning 9.30am-11.00am and Tuesday evenings 6.00pm-7.30pm at the ASB Sports Centre – some flexibility for change possible.
Following final team selection Team Manager/s will be in touch with all team members and parents via email to confirm further details. All team members are asked to please make every effort to attend trainings whether injured or otherwise as it is important to bond with the team and take on board team strategy you can still learn from the sideline. Please remember to advise your Team Manager whether you are/are not available to attend trainings along with keeping them up to date on any injury notifications throughout the rep season.
Betty Steffensen Tournament
Sunday 11th June 2017 – held at Vautier Park in Palmerston North.
NWC Invitational Fixtures
Sunday 18th June 2017 - held at ASB Sports Centre in Wellington.
Netball NZ U19 Age Group Championships
Monday 10th to Thursday 13th July 2017 – held at ASB Sports Centre in Wellington. Teams enter tournament camp and stay together from Sunday 9th July to Thursday 13th July.
Warm up match/es TBC with other U19 teams prior to last tournament on calendar - date/venue TBC
Other possible rep team fundraising commitments:
• Gold Coin Days – Saturday 27th May & Saturday 24th June 2017 – collections at ASB Sports Centre venue.
• Netball Wellington Centre will book and promote team Movie Night or Quiz Night fundraising ventures - successfully selected players will be asked to fully support these ventures by selling tickets and promoting amongst their family and friends.
• Netball Wellington Centre may arrange other fundraising ventures such as chocolate sales or raffles on behalf of its teams - successfully selected players will be asked to fully support these ventures by selling tickets and promoting amongst their family and friends.
For further information phone or to be placed on our mailing list to receive notification once online registrations open please contact our Netball Development Officer via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (04) 387 6011.
(page updated 15 May 2017)