Mid West Clubs are encouraged to participate in cancer awareness promotions run by the Cancer Council and other health authorities.
Generally the League alternates a focus between breast cancer awareness (pink ribbon day) and testicular cancer awareness over two year cycles.
Initiatives include (but not limited to)-:
- Collection/ donation tins at gates, bars and canteens;
- Use of a pink game ball for breast cancer awareness, yellow game ball for testicular cancer awareness (football and netball);
- Have all players sign the game ball and auction it post match to raise funds for the Cancer Council;
- Players and officials wearing a pink/yellow (or purple) arm band;
- Promotion of awareness in budgets and bulletin boards;
Clubs have come up with a wide range of activities to support these very serious awareness programs.
Promotion material is distributed to clubs as it becomes available. Logos are available here for use in clubs budgets and notices.
Link to the Cancer Council website for further information and resources-: