NWSWF Coach Code of Behaviour
North West Sydney Women's Football Coach Code of Behaviour
In addition to North West Sydney Women's Football Code of Conduct, all coaches must meet the following requirements in regard to conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by NWSWF Association, a member association or an affiliated club.
1. Do not tolerate acts of aggression.
2. Provide feedback to players and other participants in a manner sensitive to their needs. Avoid overly negative feedback.
3. Recognise players' rights to consult with other coaches and advisers. Cooperate fully with other specialists for example, sports scientists, doctors and physiotherapists.
4. Treat all players fairly within the context of their sporting activities, regardless of gender, race, place of origin, athletic potential, colour, sexual orientation, Religion, political beliefs, socio-economic status and other conditions.
5. Encourage and facilitate players' independence and responsibility for their own behaviour, performance, decisions and actions.
6. Involve the players in decisions that affect them.
7. Encourage players to respect one another and to expect respect for their worth as individuals regardless of their level of play.
8. Ensure that the tasks and/or training set are suitable for age, experience, ability, and physical and psychological conditions of the players.
9. Ensure any physical contact with players is appropriate to the situation and necessary for the players' skill development.
10. Actively discourage the use of performance enhancing drugs, and the use of alcohol, tobacco and illegal substances.
11. Do not exploit any coaching relationship to further personal, political or business interests at the expense of the best interest of your players.
12. Accept and respect the role of officials in ensuring that competitions are conducted fairly and according to established rules.
13. Know and abide by rules, regulations and standards, and encourage players to do likewise. Accept both the letter and the spirit of the rules.