FSC have held the SAP license for a number of years which offers an opportunity for juniors to represent the region through representative football.
The program for Under 9’s, 10’s, 11’s and 12’s (boys and girls) aims to provide young players an opportunity to experience an enhanced football environment, above that provided in community football with training 3 nights a week and games played each week across NSW. Players selected in the program play exclusively for Football South Coast.
FSC has also recently been granted a FNSW Girls Only SAP License for U10 and U12. For these squads fourteen girls will be selected via a trial process across each age group. Players selected will represent Football South Coast playing once per fortnight as part of the program in addition to their club football. Training will be held 2 nights per week.
Playing and Training Locations
- The program will be run out of Kooloobong Oval at Keiraville (Training) and Ian Mc Lelland Park at Kembla Grange (Game day).
- During periods of wet weather, if grounds are unavailable, FSC has entered into an agreement with Illawarra Sports High School and other indoor sports facilities, where FSC will have access to the indoor courts.
- Training times will be from 4:30pm to 5:45pm three times per week.
Pathways for our Juniors
The Skills Acquisition Program is an intensive training and development program for boys and girls.
Beyond the program, the South Coast offers many opportunities in terms of player pathways for those players wishing to progress their playing careers. These pathways include:
- The Wollongong Wolves and The Illawarra Stingrays are in the FNSW NPL 1 and are the representative teams for males and females respectively, based on the South Coast.
- The Sydney FC or Western Sydney Wanderers Academies who in 2016 have entered the FNSW NPL 2 competition, which have direct links to the Hyundai A –League Clubs
As part of the FNSW NPL competition for males - junior teams commence from under 13’s through to 16’s with the senior teams including U18’s, U20’s and First Grade. For females – the FNSW NPL competition is for under 13’s, 15’s, 17’s, Reserve and First Grade.
- The FSC Association Youth League (boys only) which is a development program for players (Under 13, 14, 15 and 16) aligned with the National Curriculum to deliver a consistent football development opportunity for the young players aspiring to play Football NSW elite football.
- The implementation of the recent FSC U18 Competition is a great introduction to local men’s football (ie Illawarra Premier League) which is the strongest and most high profile association based competition across NSW. Many players from this league have been selected to play for NPL clubs across NSW and is considered a great local pathway for players.
Further Enquiries If you have further enquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact Football South Coast on 42 856929 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.