Being a part of the Basketball Community is a wonderful way to create relationships, develop life skills, give back to your community and for parents an opportunity to show support for their children. Here is an overview on what is involved in being a scorer:
- Scoring a game of basketball within the EDJBA is a voluntary position and can be done by a parent or mature family member.
- There are two scorers (one from each team) who score each game. One operates the clock and one fills in the scoresheet.
- It is a general rule that the ‘home’ team operates the clock and the ‘away’ team fills in the scoresheet.
- There are scoring courses available for those who wish to learn properly (contact your Member Club for more information) however there are lots of people willing to guide first timers through the experience.
- Some key points to remember:
- While you are scoring you are to remain independent and support the referees.
- You should actively communicate with the other scorer to ensure the sheet and clock are both accurate.