The following member protection resources are recommended to clubs and associations by SA Country Basketball to assist with harassment, child protection & complaint handling issues in sport and recreation.
The procedure below outlines how any of your volunteers can obtain a National Police Certificate:
- Download and print a police check application (available here). Alternatively you can obtain a printed copy from your local police station.
- Check that you have 100 points of original identification as explained in the application form.
- Applicants will then need to get their application witnessed and identification certified by either a Police Officer or Justice of the Peace. Attend a police station or Justice of the Peace with your:
- completed application form
- 100 points of original identification
- photocopies of 100 points of identification, for certification
- South Australia Police (SAPOL) or Justice of Peace will then:
- witness signature on application form
- certify 100 points of identification
- complete the authorisation section on the application form
- The Forms then need to be sent to SA Country so we can add the VOAN details and send them off to SAPOL. The Police Checks when verified are processed by SAPOL and sent direct to the applicant.