About the Junior Football Umpiring Program
The AFL Queensland Junior Football Umpiring Program (JFUP) involves all umpire training, education, support and ongoing development for our Brisbane Junior club based umpires officiating U8’s – U10’s. Club Umpires must be 12 turning 13 in order to be a part of the program.
Tailored to meet the umpire’s needs, the JFUP provides:
· Initial and ongoing training through the year
· Content relative to experience – sessions broken into first year and second year + club umpires
· Training sessions located close to home to minimise travel requirements
· Session content aligned to specifically to the fundamentals of umpiring, and the junior modified rules.
There are three education and super session blocks throughout the year, located at 6 venues.
Education Session 1
Monday 12th March - Morningside JAFC
Tuesday 13th March - Pine Rivers AFC
Wednesday 14th March - Jindalee AFC
Thursday 15th March - Kedron AFC
Monday 19th March - Ipswich Cats AFC
Tuesday 20th March - Alexandra Hills AFC
Super Session 1
Monday 16th April - Griffith Moorooka AFC
Education Session 2
Tuesday 8th May - Pine Rivers AFC
Wednesday 9th May - Jindalee AFC
Thursday 10th May - Kedron AFC
Monday 14th May - Ipswich Cats AFC
Monday 14th May - Morningside AFC
Tuesday 15th May - Alexandra Hills AFC
Super Session 2
Monday 11th June - Griffith Moorooka AFC
Education Session 3
Monday 23rd July - Ipswich Cats AFC
Tuesday 24th July - Pine Rivers AFC
Wednesday 25th July - Jindalee AFC
Thursday 26th July - Kedron AFC
Monday 30th July - Morningside AFC
Tuesday 31st July - Alexandra Hills AFC
Super Session 3 / End of Year Break Up
Monday 27th August - Griffith Moorooka AFC
Download the full training calendar at the bottom of this page.
Umpires receive free of charge:
- An Umpiring starter pack (including bag, whistle, cap and sweatbands – paid for by club, subsidised by AFL Queensland)
- An umpiring uniform (paid for by club, subsidised by AFL Queensland)
- An Umpiring Manual – outlining everything umpires need to know
- Match payments per game (rate set by the individual club)
- Upon successful completion of the program (see training schedule for details), a certificate of completition.
Umpires may also attend any of the Brisbane Juniors League Appointed Umpires training sessions throughout the year to help develop their umpiring.
For any enquiries please contact your local club or Brisbane Juniors Competition Coordinator, Ashleigh McCall at firstname.lastname@example.org