About the Junior Football Umpiring Program
The Junior Football Umpiring program involves all umpire training, education, support and ongoing development for our Brisbane Junior club based umpires officiating U8’s – U10’s.
Tailored to meet the umpire’s needs, the JFUP provides:
· Initial and ongoing training through the year
· Content relative to experience – sessions broken into first year and second year + club umpires
· Training sessions located close to home to minimise travel requirements
· Session content aligned to specifically to the fundamentals of umpiring, and the junior modified rules.
There are three training blocks throughout the year:
Training Block One - COMPULSORY (Late March)
All umpires regardless of experience must attend a session in Training Block One
- Training Block Two - COMPULSORY (May/June)
Seperate sesssions are held for 1st Year Umpires and 2nd Year and above. All umpires must attend the session relevant to them in Training Block Two
- Training Block Three - OPTIONAL (August)
AFLBJ invites all junior club umpires to officiate as boundary umpires during the AFLBJ Finals, with the League Appointed Umpires. This is a great way for junior club umpires to get a taste of the next level of umpiring, whilst earning some extra money. All umpires wishing to take part in this part of the program must attend a training session in Training Block Three.
Umpires receive free of charge:
- An Umpiring starter pack (including bag, whistle, cap and sweatbands – paid for by club, subsidised by AFLBJ)
- An umpiring uniform (paid for by club, subsidised by AFLBJ)
- An Umpiring Manual – outlining everything umpires need to know
- Match payments per game (rate set by the individual club)
- Upon successful completion of the program (see training schedule for details), a certificate of completition.
Umpires may also attend any of the AFLBJ League Appointed Umpires training sessions throughout the year to help develop their umpiring.
For any enquiries please contact your local club or AFLBJ Competition Coordinator, Tim Menzies at firstname.lastname@example.org