Wednesday 16 May 2018
Executive Masters in Sports Organisations Management (MEMOS) XXII Course 2018-2019
Applications are invited for the Executive Masters in Sports Organisations Management (MEMOS) XXII Course 2018- that will be held from September 2018 - August 2019.
FASANOC’s criteria for applicants are that the applicant must:
- Be an active, serving member of a National Federation affiliated to FASANOC, Member of a FASANOC Commission or Staff or FASANOC Stakeholder Sports Organization
- Be endorsed by relevant National Federation, FASANOC Commission or Stakeholder Sports Organization
- Propose a study project that will directly benefit and impact on the National Federation and FASANOC’s development and progress moving forward or in the case of a Stakeholder Sports Organization, have a positive impact on our relationship and contribute towards sports development in Fiji
- Have significant experience in management of a National Federation, FASANOC Commission or FASANOC stakeholder sports organization
- Hold a relevant university degree or have comparable professional experience as judged by the MEMOS selection committee
- Having completed the OSEP sports administration pathway ie MISO and MOSO would be an advantage.
Within the framework of the world programme International Executive Training Courses in Sport Management, Olympic Solidarity may offer support to a participant from Fiji for the MEMOS programme.
If you wish to be considered for MEMOS please complete the MEMOS XVIII Candidature Form attached and submit the following documents to FASANOC by 31st May, 2018, for consideration and selection of a candidate for submission to Olympic Solidarity by their deadline:
- Candidate’s CV,
- proposed Topic of MEMOS Project,
- letter of support from the candidate’s national sport federation
- Completed Candidature Form (last attachment)
Approximately 35 participants will be selected from among ALL candidates nominated by their NOCs and those that are either independent or supported by other organisations. Selection criteria will be based on candidates’ academic background, work responsibilities, professional experience and the proposed topic of a MEMOS project.
The selected candidate’s project should be a practical one with high potential of bringing direct benefits to their national federation and sport.
Olympic Solidarity will offer a MEMOS scholarship to a participant who is likely to contribute to their sport organisation and the national sports system for years to come. The scholarship will cover the MEMOS tuition and a travel subsidy. The Travel subsidy does NOT cover all travel or Accommodation, Meals and Visas so the applicant may need to pay some of the costs. FASANOC also assists towards the balance as well. Any contribution by the applicant will be finalised once the travel subsidy is confirmed by the IOC.
Also attached is a copy of the MEMOS brochure that contains general information on the objectives, structure and organisation of the MEMOS programme and specific details on the dates and academic content of MEMOS XXII. There are 4 modules that will be held in Lausanne, Switzerland 9-19 September 2018; 20-30 January 2019, Ottawa, Canada; 19-29 May 2019, Macedonia and the final project presentation in Lausanne 10-19 September 2019.
Additional information can be found at: https://memos.degree/program/
FASANOC looks forward to receiving applications, appropriately endorsed, by the due date of 31 May 2018 and is available to provide any further information that you may require.
Last Modified on 16/05/2018 08:24