Codes of Conduct
Player Code of Behaviour
By registering in SDJFA Junior and Auskick competitions you have agreed that your child understands and will adhere to the code of behaviour:
- Play within the spirit of the game and by the rules of the competition.
- Never argue with an official. If you have an issue, have your captain approach the official during a break or after the competition.
- Verbal abuse of officials or other players, and deliberate distraction or provocation of an opponent are not permitted.
- Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with your coach, teammates and opponents.
- Show respect to all players regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
Code of conduct – Parents and Spectators
- Encourage children to participate regardless of ability
- Encourage participants to always play by the rules
- Never ridicule mistakes or losses
- Remember that participants learn best by example. Applaud good play by all teams
- Never publicly disagree with officials. If you disagree, raise the issue privately through appropriate channels
- Actively discourage racial abuse
- Recognise the value and importance of volunteer coaches
- Remember that participants play for fun and are not miniature professionals
- Condemn the use of violence in any form, be it by spectators, coaches, officials or players
- Encourage players to accept the umpire’s decisions
- Demonstrate exemplary behaviour by not using foul language, or harassing players, coaches or officials
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol is unacceptable at junior sport
Last Modified on 29/05/2017 23:27