RDFL Junior Academy Change of Venue
Please note there will be a venue change for next week’s training sessions for the RDFL Junior Academy.
Due to ground access issues being experienced by Calder Cannons and Essendon FC, the Academy training sessions for Monday 29th February for ALL age groups will be held at Arnolds Creek Recreation Reserve (20 Long Tree Drive, Melton West).
- Monday 29th February - Under 12’s & Under 13's – 5.30pm – 7.00pm
- Monday 29th February - Under 14’s 6.00pm – 7.30pm
As a result of the Calder Cannons being unable to train on their ground at Highgate Reserve due to required preparation for an upcoming AFL NAB Challenge game on 6th March, the planned training and tour of the facility by the Under 13 & Under 14 RDFL academy squads will not take place this year. When access returns on 7th March, Calder Cannons will need the ground for their Under 15 & Under 16 development squads and Under 18 TAC squad. Therefore, the 29th February session at Arnolds Creek will be the final session for Under 13 & 14 squads.
For the Under 12 squad the planned training session and tour of Essendon Football Club will now be put back a week to Monday 7th March.
- Essendon FC - True Value Solar Centre, 275 Melrose Drive, Tullamarine - 5:15pm for a 5.30pm start.
Players are reminded to bring:
- Training Apparel – Shorts, Runners, Football Boots, Singlet / T-Shirt etc
- Water Bottle with your name on it
- Any medical equipment you need i.e. Asthma Inhaler, Inner Soles, Sunscreen
Should you have any queries regarding this matter, please call Football Development Manager, Grant McMillan on 0411-380-093.