2016 State Team Program - Information Brief #2
This article is following on from the two previous information briefs (Article 1 and Article 2). Below is information regarding the 2016 Selection Camps. Age specific information can be found in PDF’s at the bottom of the article. Please see the below information for the following topics:
- Selection Camp Information
- Training Weekend Information
- U16 Selection Camp Details
- CHS U15 Tour
SELECTION CAMP INFORMATION
Information regarding the selection camps for each age group can found in their respective age specific PDF’s below. This includes the running times of the camps as well as the location. All athletes who have confirmed their place for the selection camps are advised to download their respective PDF and use it as a guide when planning for the specific needs of their selection camp.
TRAINING WEEKEND INFORMATION
Specific details relating to the training weekend schedule can now be found in the age specific PDF files. It is important all athletes are aware of the training commitments if they are selected for a State Squad. This includes being aware of the both the Billeting and Fundraising information.
- Due to the limited amount of resources WPNSW can spare, it is advised though that athletes and parents carefully read all information briefs and age specific PDF’s before contacting the office inquiring for general information.
- It is also imperative inquiries are made during office hours and provide WPNSW staff with an appropriate amount of time to work through the inquiry.
U16 SELECTION CAMP DETAILS
WPNSW has had a large amount of inquiries about the U16 age group due to there being two camps:
- Squad 1 will attend the first camp from the 8th - 10th April.
- Squad 2 will attend the second camp from the 22nd - 24th April.
- Each U16 athlete is expected to attend their own designated camp. Requests for transfers will only be approved due to exceptional circumstances.
- Any athlete requesting a change will need to contact Ethan Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) and explain the reason for their transfer request.
This year WPNSW will require billets for regional athletes attending the; selection camps, training weekends and pre-tour training camps. All metro athletes will be expected to host a billet. If you are unable to host a billet, please contact Ethan Rogers (email@example.com) and outline the reasons why you are unable to do so.
For further information on billeting please read the age specific PDF’s below.
- This year WPNSW is looking at using fundraising to subsidise the costs of State Tours. All athletes selected for a state squad will be expected to sell 2 boxes of Cadbury chocolates. The boxes will be distributed at the first training weekend.
- WPNSW is also planning to host a raffle for the state squads. More information about the raffle will be released at the start 2nd May.
- If you have any fundraising suggestions, comments or questions, feel free to contact
CHS U15 NZ Tour
For those players who were considering the CHS U15, please refer to the CHS facebook page for our statement regarding this tour.