SNSWUA UMPIRE ACADEMY
The SNSW Umpire Academy aims to provide a structured umpire development program, specifically focusing on preparing umpires for practical examinations as well as expanding and building on the core topics covered at the SNSWUA Level 2 Clinic and Level 3/4 Clinic.
- The SNSW Level 2 Academy is targeted at current Level 1 umpires who have a strong interest in presenting as a candidate in the near future.
- The SNSW Level 3/4 Academy is targeted at current Level 2 and 3 umpires who have a strong interest in presenting as a candidate in the near future.
By joining the SNSW Umpire Academy, aspiring candidates will have the opportunity to hone their skills in the lead up to the practical examination, which will take place at State Championships later in the year.
Practical in nature, the sessions will be tailored to the needs of the participants and also include important theoretical components.
- Wednesday 9 May 2018 - 6:30pm to 9:00pm
- Wednesday 16 May 2018 - 6:30pm to 9:00pm
- Wednesday 23 May 2018 - 6:30pm to 9:00pm
- Wednesday 6 June 2018 - 6:30pm to 9:00pm
$10 per session (4 sessions).
Blacktown International Sports Park - Eastern Road, Rooty Hill, NSW.
All Academy participants must present in their Base Umpire Uniform.
In order to successfully complete the SNSWUA Umpire Academy all umpires will be required to fulfill the following commitments:
- CLINIC ATTENDANCE: Umpires who wish to attend should have completed an Intermediate Clinic in 2017 or 2018
- EQUIPMENT - Please bring all umpiring gear, including plate gear and all other equipment you would normally take to a tournament.
- ATTIRE - Full base uniform is to be worn during theory and practical sessions. Please wear your uniform to the venue and bring a pair of casual shoes for attending indoor sessions.
Participants must have the physical ability to participate in a training programme that requires frequent voice projection, stretching, bending, squatting, jogging, sprinting and standing for periods of two hours or more. Participants should expect to take part in a daily conditioning programme of organised medium-impact aerobics designed to exercise and strengthen muscle groups most utilised by umpires.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR SPECIAL NEEDS PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com OR if you wish to attend REGISTER NOW - https://goo.gl/forms/XNRnKbK9ZlosnpQp1