GRSC allows the storage of private boats and equipment at the Club under the following conditions.
The boat shed is also used for the storage of Club owned boats, Club training and support vessels. The Club may retain unallocated storage spaces, change storage spaces and will retain the absolute discretion as to which boats are allocated storage spaces. The Clubs storage facilities are often at maximum capacity and allocation of space needs to be selective due to the limited storage space available.
To maximise sailing participation, the Club provides boat shed storage for members.
In determining storage availability the club will consider the following criteria
- Paid up financial member.
- Participation in Club activities (eg; elected class official, Rescue Craft Volunteer)
- Completion of Boatshed Storage Application Form - (available on club website)
- Sailing activity; the boat must sail in at least 75% of scheduled club racing for its Class.
All applications for space to store boats will be considered in accordance with the criteria set out within this policy and, if the shed is at capacity, will go on a waiting list held by the Sailing Coordinator.
Applicants who had a boat sailing the previous season at the Club, in a class more junior than the class that storage is currently being applied for, will automatically join the waiting list above any applicants who have not had a boat sailing at the Club the previous season. Any new or waiting list boats being offered a storage place for the upcoming season will be advised in writing.
Allocation of space will be by the Shed Captain in consultation with the Sailing Division . All owners of boats in the club boat shed must adhere to the following rules:
1. The owner stores their boat at their own risk.
2. The Club may require the owner to remove their boats at any time and may terminate any storage agreement at any time without notice.
3. No boat shall be placed in any storage area at the Club without first submitting a Boatshed Application Form to the Shed Captain.
4. Only the following classes are permitted to apply for storage;
- Flying Eleven
- Stand Up Paddle Board
The storage of any other vessel is not permitted at any time.
5. Boats will be allocated a specific rack. Boat owners must use the rack allocated to them to store their boat. On application, members can nominate which rack they prefer, however this does not guarantee approval of the rack space. Certain racks may be over-subscribed. In this instance, allocations will be as per the Eligibility criteria (as noted above).
6. Boats allocated a space in the Boat Shed shall display a Boatshed sticker which will be provided for the boat and mast.
7. Any boat stored in the Club's storage area which does not compete in 75% of Club Races or does not start in four (4) consecutive races or constantly fails to start without the owner submitting sufficient reason in writing to the Shed Captain may automatically be removed from the storage area after a notice has been posted to the owner's address as shown on the Club's records.
8. The Club reserves the right to move a boat to any other location within the boundaries of the storage shed either temporarily or permanently without consultation with the owner.
9. In the event of a boat changing ownership, the new owner will not have any claim on the accommodation.
10. A current owner intending to obtain a new boat may retain his right to storage space, provided a new Boatshed Application Form is completed.
11. Boats who hold storage space in the Boatshed and do not meet the 75% participation requirement (from scheduled races held during the previous season for its class) are required to re-apply for storage space.
12. Boats and or equipment must not be stored outside the allocated storage space. The Club may dispose of boats or equipment left outside the allocated storage space as it sees fit.
13. The owner must keep the storage space allocated to them clean and tidy.
14. No boats are to be stored in the Boatshed corridor sections.
15. Fire Exits and Fire Fighting Equipment must be kept clear at all times.
16. If a boat owner has been notified that they are in breach of the Rules by the Shed Captain and fails to remove their boat, the Club may give the owner written notice requiring the removal of the non-compliant boat. Any notice will be posted to the owner's address as shown on the Club's records. If not removed within the time specified, GRSC may have the boat transported to the address shown on the Club's records, at the owner’s expense and at their risk as to any loss or damage. Failure to pay these expenses will be deemed conduct unbecoming a member and the said member will be subject to a Board Citation hearing.