YACHTING NSW PRIVACY STATEMENT
Yachting NSW is committed to the protection of your personal information. Any personal information you provide to Yachting NSW will be used for those purposes which the information was gathered for as stated and related purposes which can be reasonably expected.
Personal information held by us may include your name, date of birth, address, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, sailing related accreditation and qualifications, first aid qualifications, powerboat licence, emergency contact details and any existing medical conditions supplied by you. Yachting NSW will not disclose any personally identifiable information obtained from you to other parties or for purposes other than those stated above, unless you provide your written consent to us, with the following exceptions:
- where there are grounds to believe that disclosure is required in order to prevent a threat to health or life;
- where Yachting NSW suspects that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in, such personal information may be used to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or
- the use is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law.
Information that you provide through various means will be kept safe and secure within Yachting NSW.
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- generate accurate membership numbers so we know how many people are active in the sport of sailing;
- ensure our record keeping and membership lists are up to date and available electronically;
develop our services to better suit your needs;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service;
- identify trends across the sport and understand the dynamics of the sport as they change over time; and
- record member qualifications and levels of accreditation.
Yachting NSW may also use your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing in relation to promotional. However, when Yachting NSW does this, we will provide an express option for you to decline receiving any further marketing communications from Yachting NSW, via an opt out mechanism. Yachting NSW will only send you emails if you have elected to receive such emails or if they are in response to an email we have received from you.
At anytime, you may also notify us if you do not wish to receive marketing materials or other communications from Yachting NSW. Please put this request in writing and send to the address below or telephone Yachting NSW on (02) 8073 4900.
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
Should your contact details or address change, please inform us.
If you have any queries or concerns about your personal information which Yachting NSW maintains, please send the details of your query or concern in writing to:
Locked Bag 806